PDA

View Full Version : anxiety self help ideas

suedoll7
09-24-2015, 06:43 AM
Hi all,

I'm Sue I've had bad anxiety for about three years now and I don't want to go down the route of tablets so Im trying different therapies. Im wondering about self hypnosis but not sure which one to go for. Anyone tried Glenn Harrold Hypnosis? I would be interested to hear any opinions as its hard to choose and when you need to invest a lot of time into it, I want to feel that it might be worth it. Or does anyone have any other suggestion of other things I could try that maybe helped you?

Sue

FayH
09-24-2015, 07:12 AM
Hi Sue,

Ive tried Glen Harrolds CDs, they are good only thing is he has a strong accent, still it is a nice voice if you don't mind the accent and lovely music, there are lots of other options, although I would advise avoid Mark Bowden because if you look at the reviews on Amazon they look very fake - they are virtually all for "free samples" and over a very short time scale - bit weird. You could also try meditation, it has helped me a lot I mean, using a CD to start with is great you could try Roberta shapiro CDs and then once youve got into it just get meditation music to meditate to, its good to do this twice a day gradually building the time maybe start with 5 mins. Its helping me anyway. Good luck

Fay x