PDA

View Full Version : The Root of my Anxiety = Anxiety being bad for my health (cardiovascular)

iamcornelius
09-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Hi fellow sufferers of anxiety,

I know the question is not new, but how do you cope with facts about anxiety being harmful for your health?
And more specifically cardiovascular damage.

This is the root for my own anxiety problems: The more I know about it being harmful, the more anxious I get.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

esto9
09-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Hi fellow sufferers of anxiety,

I know the question is not new, but how do you cope with facts about anxiety being harmful for your health?
And more specifically cardiovascular damage.

This is the root for my own anxiety problems: The more I know about it being harmful, the more anxious I get.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

You have to realize that the body is extremely capable of healing itself. It's either in a state of healing or nonhealing. The body is in a state of healing until any stress is introduced, physical or mental.

Don't worry about any damage you think you may have caused to your body because what's done is done and you can only move forward. Focus on reducing stress and your body will take care of itself.

I recommend reading Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin, she explains how the body heals itself really well. Her TED talk is also on YouTube. Check it out and good luck!