PDA

View Full Version : Scarred... Again

Nicolenz
09-17-2015, 05:16 PM
For about a month I've been pretty good with my anxiety, but I now have an appointment with an ENT coming up for my ear and I feel as though the anxiety is creeping up on me again. I'm beginning to once again think about all the irrational possibilities of things I may have. Cancer is what I continuously think I have when my anxiety starts to kick in, I recently noticed one of my lymph nodes is slightly swollen, about the size of a pea in my groin area, it was inflamed before but this was at least 5 years ago, and I had an ultra sound on it and there was nothing cancerous about it. I don't know if it's something serious but I've been constantly thinking about it. I've also been worried about how my right eye has been out of focus a lot lately, etc. etc... It's the start of a new school year and I don't want to do bad in my studies due to my anxiety... I'm very sick of these thoughts and tired of telling those around me how I feel because I want them to tell me I'm perfectly fine and healthy but it just doesn't help, I also know it can bother them and it's hard because they don't understand. My parents especially think I'm very irrational and aren't that sympathetic about what I say as they think I need to stop thinking the way I do even though it's something that I can't help. I'm just so stressed and sad, it's really not a good way to start my school year and I don't know what to do...