PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else taking Lamictal?

skeetman33
09-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Hi, I have been treated by a mental health nurse at a behavior wellness clinic for about six months now for anxiety, I am up to 200 mg a day and still no better, perhaps worse. She tells me while on Lamictal I should not be having panic attacks at all. I have asked for Klonapin as a crutch when I am in deep stress but she believes Klonapin is just a band aid and we have to get to the root of the problem. Is anyone on Lamicatl for anxiety? And if so how is it working for you. Thanks.

KevinS123
09-17-2015, 06:39 AM
I took Ritalin for 3 months. just 1 pill before going to work. It elevated my mood all day. Did a little exercise after work. Was able to sleep well at night. And I'm off the medication now. I still take a pill occasionally if I know from before that this is going to be a stressful day. Anxiety has become more manageable now.

kmi15
09-18-2015, 07:43 AM
I was on Lamictal for a couple years. It worked wonderfully at first but then just started to fade. I stopped taking it.

MainerMikeBrown
09-21-2015, 04:15 PM
In 2008 I went on Lamictal. But I had to go off of it after a short time because it turned out that I was allergic to it.

bandfan
10-09-2015, 05:58 PM
I'd been taking 20 mg of escitalopram for years, and my psych. specialized in using lamitrogine as an AD booster. I started getting "breakthrough" attacks of irritability (I'm a 64 year-old male) and he recommended 100 mg/day for that. Seemed to have worked well. I don't think it helps that much for ANXIETY, for me. A radio talk show personality, who gets very irritable on the air, always jokes that he needs to take more of his Lamictal. I think it's odd that Lamictal is ALL you're taking for anxiety, but I don't know.