PDA

View Full Version : Another new person here-hi everyone!

Malibu
12-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi!
I have self-diagnosed myself with social anxiety. I've read a lot on the subject. It's weird, because I kind of forget sometimes that I have this because over the years I have learned to just avoid things, people, and places that scare me. I never call people on the phone unless I absolutely have to, and even then, I can't unless a family member actually dials the number for me so that I have to talk. I always find excuses to not go to social events, and I never ask anyone to do anything with me. Other than my family, I just don't associate with other people. Yes, I have become an expert avoider. But I hate it. I want to have friends, I want to be able to go over to a new neighbor and welcome them to the neighborhood, I want to get out of the house and be with people, but the avoidance has almost become engrained in me. There are so many relationships I've missed out on over the years, so many experiences lost because of this, and I'm really tired of it. I feel so isolated! I really feel like life is passing me by. But I will say that it sure is nice to be in a place where other people are dealing with some of the same types of problems, because I always feel so weird, like I'm the only one who has this problem. I also have kids, and I want them to grow up without this problem, and to be able to function in society.

-Malibu

anangel4me
12-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi there Malibu. Welcome. Well you have come to the right place. I, along with everyone else here can relate to what you are going through. But as far as the phone, I have no problem talking to people seeing that's all I do at my job anyway. Now who wants to here the phone when you get home right?...lol.
I hope you overcome what you are going through and we are here to listen so posts often as you like. Happy New Year to you.

karmica
01-02-2006, 01:14 AM
Hi Malibu. I'm sorry to hear about yet another person sufferring with this useless disorder (it frustrates me to no end). I know how you feel about wanting to be better for your children - I have a three year old myself. If you ever want to talk feel free to message me. There is help out there for you, and I'm sure you can find someone to talk to online if the phone is too much. There is an anxiety-free world out there, and you will get back into it one day soon.