PDA

View Full Version : helppp

beachbabe23
09-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm 18 years old and i have been dealing with this for almost over a year since i was 17 years old after some terrible traumatic experiences. I need some help learning on how to cope with this after noone really understands me especially my family. I need some support although my boyfriend tries to understand but noone truly does. It's getting annoying. i just need some help and encouragement in my life. i mean im in college now and loving it. i just cant take the symptoms and i need help to make myself to be like i can do this im fine so please someone help me.

Murakawa
09-08-2008, 03:33 AM
Hi beachbabe!

I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles. Can I ask what kind of symptoms are you getting? Are you suffering from panic attacks?

My anxiety really hit me hard when I was at college. I know quite a few other people who got it really badly at that stage. I think it's quite a big transition so it's really no wonder that it sets your nerves on edge :)

It's good that your boyfriend tries to understand you. It's a very hard thing to understand, though. You just have to communicate - let him know exactly what you're going through. If you can't explain it in words, draw a picture. Anxiety is frustratingly hard to explain sometimes.

As for help and encouragement - you're 18, you're in higher education, you have your entire life ahead of you and you have the power to go wherever you want with it. It's in your hands. I'll quote my idol, Bill Hicks, here and say that life is a ride. There are ups and downs, sometimes it's thrilling and sometimes it's scary beyond belief. But it's just a ride.

beachbabe23
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah thanks for replying! yeah i just get dizzy and my stomach gets like nauseous and i get more nervous. im a major hypocandric and its horrible. college for me though is going very well though like i dont get anxious there. thanks for the quote. it's just nice to talk to someone with anxiety.

Murakawa
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Oh I'm a major hypochondriac as well, though I'm a lot better than I used to be.

I think when we're anxious about our health, we over-examine every bit of pain... every bit of discomfort that we experience. While other people might feel nauseous and dizzy and just say 'screw it', we tend to see it as a sign of something worse. Usually something obscure and scary!

The best thing to do is, when you get nausea or dizziness, think of the last time you got it, and remind yourself that nothing bad happened then.

Take care,
Mura

elgrande
09-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi, sorry for your troubles. When you say you are anxious at college, which situations in particular make you feel like this? For example, sitting in class or a lecture? Being around people you don't know? Thinking about all the study you have to do? etc etc

cheers

Matt_H
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm 18 years old myself, and I've been dealing with anxiety since I was 15. If you want to talk to someone your age, I can deff relate. I shot you a PM.

take care
-matt

Tae
09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Im 18 aswell and dealing with anxiety, and as your having trouble with your bf understanding it im having trouble making my girl friend understand it, im also a major hypochondriac and get dizzy aswell as nausea sometimes if you want to talk pm me