PDA

View Full Version : feel I may be suffering with anxiety and panic attacks

pruplerose11
08-31-2015, 12:20 PM
hi everyone I have just recently found this forum. I dont know what it is but I get myself into a state, i dont think anyone else notices it. I have asthma but recently after alot of stress I feel like my throat is closing and then i start to feel in a panic. I also tense my muscles alot and get really bad neck pain and headaches. I think I keep imagining that there are so many things wrong with me too and that something bad is going to happen at times I worry about being home on my own which is alot of the time. I just find it hard to start to tell anyone about how i am feeling, i have an appointment with my asthma nurse tomorrow and hope i can bring it up but not sure if she can help. any suggestions on what is best to do please?

gypsylee
08-31-2015, 11:57 PM
Hi and welcome :)

I think it's a good idea to bring it up with the nurse.. Even if she can't help directly, it will get the ball rolling and you'll have told someone. I guess it's still hard to open up about feeling anxious, but it's much more widely understood than when I first saw someone 20 years ago. Once you start to talk to people about it it gets a lot easier to cope with.

All the best,
Gypsy x

pruplerose11
09-01-2015, 05:24 AM
Thanks for reply, im even getting anxious about going to this appointment just starting to panic I dont know why, am i over thinking things

gypsylee
09-02-2015, 08:18 AM
You'll be okay :) we all get anxious about appointments.

aicherrrr
09-02-2015, 12:12 PM
I definitely agree with Gypsy, definitely talk to your nurse. Looking forward to hearing what she/he says!