PDA

View Full Version : Is this really anxiety or a serious medical condition?

Wlkrdude
08-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Hey all. I am a 29 year old male from Louisiana. Back in December I began to have a swollen lymph node, night sweats and chills. My PCP thought there was nothing to worry about. I'm going to make a long story very short.

Since then, my health has declined drastically. My doctors still tell me it's anxiety but I disagree. Since you guys have experience with GAD I'd like your opinions. My current symptoms are:

Headaches

Grinding teeth during day

Dizziness when I walk

Visual/mental changes

Can't quit moving my feet

Hair has almost stopped growing

Nausea

Strange weight loss (I was 157 lbs, now I am 148 BUT I've lost 3 inches around my waste)

Pitted nails

Dry skin/scaly skin

PROFOUND lethargy. I barely get up anymore and almost feel bed ridden. It is serious.

Muscle atrophy (my biceps, triceps, thighs, and calfs are like jello. My forearms are super tiny)

Muscle cramps (mainly legs)

Muscle twitching every day

Insomnia

Occasional flank pains that can be bad

Nocturia. I have to wake up and pee once or twice a night

Frothy urine

Darker yellow/cloudy/smelly urine

Gut noises

Large foul stools

ZERO appetite but I make myself eat

So the doctors tell me this is all anxiety/depression related. I don't see how. Some things, yes. But severe lethargy where I'm almost bed ridden for the last 5 months? Muscle atrophy? Flank pains? Urinary symptoms?

My tests come back relatively normal. Vitamin D low. Blood sugar a little high and urinalysis always shows micro RBC, mucus and one time WBC.

Please, if anyone knows someone who has had severe anxiety that causes them such bad symptoms, let me know. I'm so scared that I may be actually dying of some untreated/misdiagnosed disease

Thanks

jshen
08-29-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm 21 and have GAD and have experienced a lot of this. None of this seems abnormal to me. Are u seeing a psychiatrist ?

Wlkrdude
08-29-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm 21 and have GAD and have experienced a lot of this. None of this seems abnormal to me. Are u seeing a psychiatrist ?

Yes. Meds don't help too much. I just can't believe some of it, like pitting nails, slow hair growth, severe fatigue, urinary and muscle atrophy symptoms.