PDA

View Full Version : meds?

Saldav
08-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Am I going to have to take meds for the rest of my life? Been suffering from anxiety/depression for 14 years now and been taking meds ever since.

needtogetwell
08-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Not necessarily, as we age and our life circumstances change, the need for meds may diminish .

I the other hand, if they help you in a day to day basis, then they are useful. If you have to stay on them then they serve a good purpose.

Saldav
08-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Not necessarily, as we age and our life circumstances change, the need for meds may diminish .

I the other hand, if they help you in a day to day basis, then they are useful. If you have to stay on them then they serve a good purpose.

Thank you I've just been a little down.

needtogetwell
08-27-2015, 12:28 AM
No worries.

We all have our down days. You do well here when you help others. Be proud of that.

Cheers!

gypsylee
08-27-2015, 05:21 PM
I've been on (and off) meds for anxiety/depression for over 20 years now. I don't really care if I have to take them for life.. Insulin injections are worse!

JohnC
08-27-2015, 05:24 PM
Me as well Gypsylee :) i'll take them till death do us part, if it's helping.

BrookeLynnnn
08-28-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm with them ^

I will take meds for the rest of my life if that means I don't have to feel like I did before them.

Don't be down on yourself if you have to be one of those people. If it helps you, let it :)

em1
08-28-2015, 06:37 PM
It's just a pill as I see it and I'd by taking that little pill makes you feel a better you then so be it there is nothing wrong with that at all.
I think it's more the thought of you thinking what the pill is than taking a pill,the stigma etc
I was the same,I was like there is no way I am going on that as that's for crazy people and I am not one of them,yet I needed it at the time and if I did need it again I would not hesitate.its just like taking a vitamin or a pain killer
Please don't think about it to much,we are all strong people on here and we will get through this no matter what :)
Be kind to yourself x