PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to senses when i'm really close to falling asleep?

alexdakota
08-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Hey guys.. What i'm going through is, when i'm seeing images and i feel like i'm falling asleep without my will i'm coming back to my senses.. I just dont allow my brain to shut down.. and it keeps happening again and again!
It only happens when i remember it, when i don't i let my brain shut down just fine, but the minute i remember it i keep doing it without having any control over it.. It's like im thinking, then im asking <so at which point of sleep im i?> and when i feel like im a bout to fall asleep i block it and i come back to my senses.. It isn't anything related to hypnic jerks.. I just keep doing it and i don't know how to stop it.. Need tips for it!

Kixxi
08-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Hey guys.. What i'm going through is, when i'm seeing images and i feel like i'm falling asleep without my will i'm coming back to my senses.. I just dont allow my brain to shut down.. and it keeps happening again and again!
It only happens when i remember it, when i don't i let my brain shut down just fine, but the minute i remember it i keep doing it without having any control over it.. It's like im thinking, then im asking <so at which point of sleep im i?> and when i feel like im a bout to fall asleep i block it and i come back to my senses.. It isn't anything related to hypnic jerks.. I just keep doing it and i don't know how to stop it.. Need tips for it!

I had something similar before I started on medication. Unfortunately, my old GP started me straight on medication before trying anything else. The main problem for me was letting go. I was an absolute control freak, and the thought of sleeping meant I had to relinquish control. Could it be something similar you are experiencing?

I recommend yoga to most people, but I understand that not everyone loves to do yoga. However, it is a great exercise to learn how to let go and stop trying to take control over every little aspect. The first two weeks doing it are really hard, but the benefits really kick in after that.

alexdakota
08-25-2015, 08:10 PM
I have an unbending will.. Most of the times it works for good, but sometimes it's really bad.. I quit smoking 3 years ago instantly and i was smoking for about 2.5 years (i learned later only 3% of the smokers can quit instantly) but the withdrawal symptoms messed up my brain so much, and that is when i first started to have this! (almost falling asleep then remove it completely) My brain was seeking its fix and was reacting badly when it didn't get it and it was really out of my will back then, so i got a trauma seeing after a while that i wasnt able to sleep at all (it lasted for 3 whole MONTHS) it was hell.. so i really dont know how to get past it..

Kixxi
08-25-2015, 08:24 PM
I have an unbending will.. Most of the times it works for good, but sometimes it's really bad.. I quit smoking 3 years ago instantly and i was smoking for about 2.5 years (i learned later only 3% of the smokers can quit instantly) but the withdrawal symptoms messed up my brain so much, and that is when i first started to have this! (almost falling asleep then remove it completely) My brain was seeking its fix and was reacting badly when it didn't get it and it was really out of my will back then, so i got a trauma seeing after a while that i wasnt able to sleep at all (it lasted for 3 whole MONTHS) it was hell.. so i really dont know how to get past it..

I still smoke, so I don't have a good idea on withdrawal from cigarettes. However, since I been building down on my medication, it has seeped in again slightly.

Personally, I think you have started to fear going to sleep. Maybe deep down you think that you won't be able to sleep anyway and this problem will occur every night? Unfortunately, by having that thought in the back of your mind it can already trigger it. You could have had a bad reaction to it in the beginning, and maybe your brain is just continuing to "trick" you?

Also, did you have problems with sleeping in the past at all? (just narrowing down some possibilities)

alexdakota
08-25-2015, 08:48 PM
I still smoke, so I don't have a good idea on withdrawal from cigarettes. However, since I been building down on my medication, it has seeped in again slightly.

Personally, I think you have started to fear going to sleep. Maybe deep down you think that you won't be able to sleep anyway and this problem will occur every night? Unfortunately, by having that thought in the back of your mind it can already trigger it. You could have had a bad reaction to it in the beginning, and maybe your brain is just continuing to "trick" you?

Also, did you have problems with sleeping in the past at all? (just narrowing down some possibilities)

Yea! I'm pretty positive about the trick you part.. It does it all the time and once i believe im the one causing it it kinda just fades away.. Well about the insomnia, yea 2 times it was total hell!
At first it was the one with cigarette withdrawal and the second was from 0.25 g of weed..
I said yea okay u had that experience from smoking, i dont think that little weed will cause anything.. Unfortunately it did! Another reaction was caused with my brain as psychiatrist later told me and it changed a lot of normal functions in the brain as well as my regular sleep cycle.. (Litterally i was closing my eyes and all i could see was black.. no dizziness inticating that sleep tries to work or anything.. just black.. for hours) it was the hardest thing i ever had to go through and this time it lasted for 6 months :( that made me fear for my life.. even if a simple tap on my spine im thinking what if u damaged my nerves and now i cant sleep? (cause central nervous system plays a major role in sleeping)... And not only that, it unbalanced my functionality of calmness.. So that's why i had increased anxiety for no reason at first, and even panic attacks!.. I do try to say nothing is going on you are fine but it sometimes it gets me no matter what..