PDA

View Full Version : I feel sick...

The Alpha Gamer
09-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok so I've suffered from anxiety for years, before it just made me feel sick, mostly when i went out, so i hardly went out and got put on a part time timetable at school before being home schooled, since leaving school it's gotten worse. A while ago I went through a phase where i wasn't worried about feeling sick anymore, but i was worried about passing out or feeling faint and i started having panic attacks. Two months ago I caught a stomach bug which made me sick, since then i have stopped worrying about passing out and have stopped having panic attacks, but my anxiety as made me feel sick everyday. Today i felt sick and was anxious most of the day, just because it was exactly two months since i was last sick. And i even feel abit sick now, just sitting here.

I haven't left the house in weeks and therefore can't go for counselling, and tbh, i don't want counselling anyway. I can't ask the doctor for pills because my mum says if I have pills I'll eventually have to have a blood test, and I am extremely squeamish!, seriously, just the thought of it has an effect on me >_<

I recently heard about Rescue Remedy and am considering getting some, but obviously I'll have to ask my doctor first if i can take them seeing as I'm on inhalers for asthma, and also apparently Rescue Remedy is preserved in Brandy, and i often have paracetamol, and it doesn't really seem like a good idea to mix them. Couple that with the fact that I get no money at all and a pack of Rescue Remedy are like a fiver each, you'll see why I haven't tried them yet.

So, would they help me? Or is there anything else that'll help? >_<

kaialian
09-06-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry, but I've never heard of them before, perhaps someone else on here knows.

I would like to recommend a book though: "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" You can get it on amazon or if you don't live in Canada or the States, perhaps a bookstore in your area can order it in for you.

It sounds like you are dealing with anxiety, but also a phobia about leaving the house. I think this book will help you. It does talk about meds, but there are MANY MANY other ways in the book.

Jay12345
09-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey there, What you are going through is common.. You are simply worrying about worrying.. (being sick and passing out).. which is causing the anxiety..... what you must understand is that it's all in your mind and that your absolutely fine.. you can't let this take over your life!

Unfortunity, you have been doing the wrong things, leaving school was a big mistake as this is a fantastic way for you to occupy your mind and stop you from drifting.. If you stay at home and do nothing, you'll just simply worry all day! YOU MUST try and go out, it's so important, your just driving yourself crazy!

If i have any adivce for you.. Look at Therapy.. perhaps Cognitive Behavioural.... (this recovered me) and i think it's fantastic..

Try to leave your house.. go out with your friends and enjoy yourself, you'll see the difference it makes for you.. The symptons will naturally decrease..

All the best..

The Alpha Gamer
09-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Try to leave your house.. go out with your friends and enjoy yourself, you'll see the difference it makes for you.. The symptons will naturally decrease..

All the best..

I only have one friend that i could go out with, and he never goes out because he suffers from anxiety too