PDA

View Full Version : Did i have a anxiety attack? Lasted about half an hour?

kio
08-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Out of the blue, I suddenly I had a very anxious/ panicky feeling . For half an hour I was trembling, legs and arms, feeling really hot (hot flashes and sweating on the forehead and back of neck) panicky like crazy, barely being able to stand. I was unable to calm myself down and I was running to the bathroom constantly (both functions, sorry, tmi) and feeling really nauseous. It was overwhelming anxiety that I couldn't calm. I'm still shaking as I'm gently calming down? Would it last this long was this too mild?

Thanks for any answers :)

gypsylee
08-24-2015, 01:46 AM
That actually sounds like a hypoglycemic attack (blood sugar below normal level). However, if it wasn't that, it could be a panic/anxiety attack. It's definitely not too mild for an anxiety attack and I would put that in the panic category. Was there anything you know of that triggered it?

TisdaleLondon
08-24-2015, 05:17 AM
Hi Kio :)

All the symptoms you have listed, I get very often with my panic attacks. However, have you been checked out by a doc? Just to be on the safe side. Sometimes I get these panic attacks that can last for a few days!!! That is horrible. xx

kio
08-24-2015, 01:37 PM
That actually sounds like a hypoglycemic attack (blood sugar below normal level). However, if it wasn't that, it could be a panic/anxiety attack. It's definitely not too mild for an anxiety attack and I would put that in the panic category. Was there anything you know of that triggered it?

I'll look into that - but I'm pretty sure it was anxiety- related . Not that long before that, (about an hour) I had a fluttering in my chest and I guess I kinda panicked about it, and making it worse? So maybe that was the reason? Thanks for your reply.

kio
08-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi Kio :)

All the symptoms you have listed, I get very often with my panic attacks. However, have you been checked out by a doc? Just to be on the safe side. Sometimes I get these panic attacks that can last for a few days!!! That is horrible. xx
Sorry to hear about your horrible attacks! It is a horrible experience when you just can not control it and don't know how to calm down. Thanks for the advice :) I guess I sort of never think of going to the doctors about it cause its mainly mentally, and I always just think I'm just being silly about stuff. But I would like to see if there's a way to feel any better :). Hope your feeling alright as well. Anxiety sucks :(