PDA

View Full Version : help, im going crazy

cnagirl
08-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Hi, im new. I do not know what to do anymore. So my husband took me to austin for my birthday and we went swimming in the springs that stay around 68 degrees all year long. I got in the water but did not dip my head in. Im really sorry I know this is TMI but I was on my period and my tampon got water on it. I was only in the water for about 30 min but just wasnt feeling it. So we left I cleaned my self up before we got back in the car though. The next day at home I started googling about the waters and found out about the "ameoba brain eating bacteria" and I have panicked ever since. My head has pressure in the back its felt tingly. I finally went to the doc and she looked and said I had a ear infection. Well a eye floater started in my eye and would not go away the night before I went to the doc and I told her about that. Then started crying and panicking about the ameoba and the water and she sent me to the e.r. they did ct and it came out fine and thought I had a tear in my eye. I seen a optometrist and he said no tear but my blood vessels look like 40yr old vessels not 26 yr old vessels. So he wants me to get a Mri and get my thyroid checked because he thinks it is due to high blood pressure. I do have a history in the family and im overweight. So here I am at work still scared about the bacteria, checking my temp once a hour and wanting to leave so bad but if I do my family is gonna be pissed cause they just think im crazy. I want to go back to the er and get them to run test for the bacteria. I mentioned it to the e.r doc when I went and he said but your not showing any symptoms. I can't think im scattered brained. Im convinced im fixing to die and just want to scream.

JohnC
08-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi cnagirl, Welcome to the forum. Don't worry to much about that amoeba , they are only found in stagnate waters that get really warm in late summer mostly. You said that you were in springs that stay 68 which is chilly water ( no skinny dipping for me ) also springs are almost always moving water. My drinking water at my house comes from an artisan spring that flows from my back yard but its 54 degrees always.