PDA

View Full Version : So nervous about my upcoming presentation

izzy
08-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Have a presentation coming up tonight, I'll be talking in front of 50+ people. I'm so nervous right now that I'm afraid I won't be able to speak in front of that much people. My last experience with presentation I felt rapid heartbeat, sweaty palms, trembles and dizziness as if I'm going to faint any second (although I didn't), but I did forget most of my speech and had to constantly look at my notes. Anyone else has this problem? Is there a possibility of actually fainting?

Kuma
08-19-2015, 07:38 PM
Have a presentation coming up tonight, I'll be talking in front of 50+ people. I'm so nervous right now that I'm afraid I won't be able to speak in front of that much people. My last experience with presentation I felt rapid heartbeat, sweaty palms, trembles and dizziness as if I'm going to faint any second (although I didn't), but I did forget most of my speech and had to constantly look at my notes. Anyone else has this problem? Is there a possibility of actually fainting?

Very unlikely. Mostly people doing well, once they get started -- assuming they know the material.

HarleyQ
08-20-2015, 05:34 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling like that, I can somewhat empathise as I hate presentations too. Just focus on getting through it and try looking at a spot on the wall behind the audience and try and pretend they're not their? Crappy advice as I know how frightening it is, but good luck and I'm sure you'll feel relieved after it's over!