PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice or comfort

eliteedge
08-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Hey guys,
To make a long story short, I have been expiriencing some pretty terrifying symptoms over the past 6 years. I was diagnosed with ADHD and GAD when I was around 5 years old, but decided to get off my medication completely at age 19. Since then, it has been a downhill slope. I finally feel like I hit my peak and cannot take these feelings any longer. I feel like I am trapped in my head and unable to process my surroundings very well. I tend to forget some words, names mid sentence or when I start a sentence everything seems so jumbled, that I quit talking. Even if someone is speaking to me, I do not retain what is said. I also tend to not be able to process time very well. I decided to go see a Dr. 4 days ago and was prescribed adderall and zoloft, however I haven't noticed a difference at all. Does anyone else feel this way? Will I ever come out of it?

superchick22684
08-19-2015, 05:01 PM
Medications take time to get in your system. Antidepressants on average take about 6-8 weeks I believe for you to really start feeling the full effect of them. You need to give the meds time to work.

In terms of feeling "trapped" in your head I experience that quite frequently. I have both anxiety and depression so I've experienced that feeling with both. My anxiety also affects my ability to communicate sometimes if I'm experiencing high levels of it. I've been known to stumble over words, forget what word I'm trying to say and sometimes don't retain information that well either. Some days are better than others as I'm sure you know.

Do you have a therapist by chance? I see one on a weekly basis and find it to be very helpful in dealing with anxiety and depression.

eliteedge
08-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Medications take time to get in your system. Antidepressants on average take about 6-8 weeks I believe for you to really start feeling the full effect of them. You need to give the meds time to work.

In terms of feeling "trapped" in your head I experience that quite frequently. I have both anxiety and depression so I've experienced that feeling with both. My anxiety also affects my ability to communicate sometimes if I'm experiencing high levels of it. I've been known to stumble over words, forget what word I'm trying to say and sometimes don't retain information that well either. Some days are better than others as I'm sure you know.

Do you have a therapist by chance? I see one on a weekly basis and find it to be very helpful in dealing with anxiety and depression.

Thank you so much for your reply. It is nice to know that I am not the only one who feels like this. I am seeing a psycologist, not sure what the difference is between a psychologist and therapist is. I have a huge health anxiety about developing dementia (not even sure why, I have no family history of this) which may be playing a part in the memory part of my problems. 4-6 weeks is going to be a tough rode :(. Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to reply!!

NixonRulz
08-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Anxiety makes it very easy not to be able to focus on something or concentrate. That sounds like what is happening to you

Depersonalization and/or DErealization takes that to the extreme. Almost like you are floating and watching yourself and it blows

The meds can work with the right one. It takes a bit of time but you will see some results pretty quickly before the med takes full eefect

eliteedge
08-22-2015, 05:12 PM
I would like to give everyone an update. (If anyone is even following) I was in a pretty rough place Wednesday and Thursday last week. Friday was tolerable, but I still had a massive amounts of brain fog and. This morning I woke up feeling a little better and by this afternoon I am feeling much better. My pounding heart has slowed, I can eat without gagging, and the brain fog (if I put a large amount of effort into focusing) is starting to clear. Hopefully I continue to progress until I get back to who I was 6-7 years ago.

JohnC
08-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Good to hear eliteedge. Wishing you the best