PDA

View Full Version : blood pressure anxiety

james1321
08-19-2015, 07:56 AM
i bought a blood pressure monitor years ago and recently i started to get paranoid about it again thinking the cuff was to small because it kept popping of my arm when it was inflating so i bought a larger cuff and the readings are ok but now i think that might be to big even though the size is 32cm-42cm and my arm is 36/37cm
its driving me crazy my health anxiety hasnt been to bad recently but the last 2 months have been awful again
does anyone else worry and obsess over there blood pressure?

Estelle2008
08-19-2015, 05:25 PM
i bought a blood pressure monitor years ago and recently i started to get paranoid about it again thinking the cuff was to small because it kept popping of my arm when it was inflating so i bought a larger cuff and the readings are ok but now i think that might be to big even though the size is 32cm-42cm and my arm is 36/37cm
its driving me crazy my health anxiety hasnt been to bad recently but the last 2 months have been awful again
does anyone else worry and obsess over there blood pressure?
Hey, I am right there with you...I was induced with my first boy at 35 1/2 weeks due to high blood pressure, it started to go up towards 32 weeks and wouldn't go down so the doctor thought it would be best for both of us if I just had him. He was born weighing 4lbs 13oz, but perfectly fine :) then usually it goes down right after I had the baby but mine didn't...I then had a gall bladder attack and had my gallbladder removed when he was 3 months and my bp went to normal, then I was diagnosed with white coat hypertension, which I have battled with ever since. I got pregnant with my second boy 5 years later and then at 39 weeks I was induced anyway because my white coat hypertension :( Since then(it's been 3 years) I have been back and forth telling my doctor I have dizziness etc and when I do my bp at home on my monitor it is sometimes great and sometimes it's terrible! But my doctor thinks it's my white coat and my anxiety that makes it go up at times :( but all I have to do it look at my monitor and I can feel it going up :( I now have myself googling everything, every little pain I have etc.

I sound a bit worse then I thought I was hahaha