PDA

View Full Version : Failure

BrookeLynnnn
08-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Well I've been on Celexa for almost 4 weeks now & I've been able to stay home with just the baby & I for short periods of time & I went out of town with my parents! But I'm still not able to do everything I was doing last year..

I go see my doctor tomorrow so maybe he'll bump me up?

My problem is I'm dreading going back to school September 29th & I have no choice but to go. & Zaine's dad keeps asking for us to come hangout at his house & I always make an excuse. He knows I have anxiety but he doesn't know how bad it is.. I don't wanna tell him & scare him away because things between us are going very good.

Any advice?? :(

Kuma
08-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Well I've been on Celexa for almost 4 weeks now & I've been able to stay home with just the baby & I for short periods of time & I went out of town with my parents! But I'm still not able to do everything I was doing last year..

I go see my doctor tomorrow so maybe he'll bump me up?

My problem is I'm dreading going back to school September 29th & I have no choice but to go. & Zaine's dad keeps asking for us to come hangout at his house & I always make an excuse. He knows I have anxiety but he doesn't know how bad it is.. I don't wanna tell him & scare him away because things between us are going very good.

Any advice?? :(

I don't think you are doing so badly. Taking care of a new born baby is a big deal, and the birth, recovery and new baby experience can be filled with some anxiety (as well as a ton of happiness). So to hear that you are doing the baby thing well, and able to stay home alone with the baby, and go out of town with your parents, shows pretty good progress. I don't know anything about the meds situation -- I will leave that to your doctor -- but maybe you can just try to push yourself, incrementally, to do a few more things each week -- when you feel up to it. And rejoice in your incremental successes.....

superchick22684
08-19-2015, 12:29 PM
I agree with Kuma in regards to pushing yourself to do a few more things each week. My depression and anxiety have been affecting my ability to go out and do things on and off for awhile. Some days I have to push myself to go places because I just really want to stay indoors and hide. However, from my experience the more you isolate yourself because of anxiety the harder it will get in the long run to go out the door when you can convince yourself to do so.

My doc recently changed my meds about two weeks ago so I'm going through the process of adjusting to new meds as well. Hope you and your doctor come up with a plan that works for you.

BrookeLynnnn
08-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Thank you both for the replies! I'm a little late here but motherhood is certainly busy!!

Lately though I've had no problem going out in public. I actually want to leave the house. It's just being alone with him at his house.. What if I panicked? He wouldn't know what to do. Even though I should feel safe knowing he lives 2 minutes from a hospital also. I think maybe once I get more comfortable with him, it'll be easier. We're going to the beach Sunday, 2 hours away. My sister & her gf are joining us & my parents also but my parents will be in a separate car & they'regoing to visit their friends out there while we go to the beach. Maybe doing something challenging like that with him will ease me up a little.