PDA

View Full Version : feeling super tense

Skizo
08-18-2015, 11:58 AM
my nerves feel really tense, its been going on for over a month now... my neck feels very tense like there is a rope around it, sometimes lump in throat, tense at the back of my head, or the jaw or cheekbones hurt, or the forehead/temples are tense like the skin is pulling.... there is always something, if one place lets up another place tenses up.... and nothing I physically do can relieve this, I exercise every day but its not helping. I wanted to avoid antidepressants because I dont like them but I guess I have to start taking them now if I feel so super tense for over a month now with no relief :( What is wrong with me? do I have some serious neurological disease that I will never recover from or is it just anxiety ??

Also I get so easily irritated, and I get very upset over any kind of confrontations.... I literally start shaking if I get into an argument in real life... its how my subconscious reacts and I cant control it.... even though consciously I can feel fine.

Skizo
08-18-2015, 02:03 PM
I really cant take this any more... I am afraid nothing will help, not even anti depressents, then I will be left with no choice but to kill myself, I cant live in agony.

robert07
08-18-2015, 03:54 PM
well please don't kill yourself. I have the same thing. literally the same thing. Temples, cheekbones all that stuff. I even have crazy tingling in my chest and back every single day. Don't feed into it at all. Ignore it and if you really feel helpless see your doctor to help you figure out what it is. It will pass over time but you have to let it go. It's way easier said than done, and I too have good days and bad. But keep with it and stay positive. you should probably see a therapist as well, this will also help with your issues. It just takes time.

good luck :)

gypsylee
08-18-2015, 07:12 PM
It sounds like a massage would help you.

Have you tried diaphragmatic breathing at all? Your nervous system is all out of whack, that's why your muscles are like rocks. Breathing properly gets the nervous system back in balance. It's not a quick fix by any means and takes time and practice but it works.

Also, check out some stuff by Dr Claire Weekes. Don't be put off by how old-fashioned she seems :)

Anxiety is an absolute beast at times but once you understand what's happening to you physically and mentally it gets a lot more manageable. Claire Weekes de-mystifies it a lot.

Hang in there!
Gypsy x

Skizo
08-19-2015, 04:35 AM
Nothing I do physically helps...I will get some antidepressants now to see if that helps :/

Skizo
08-19-2015, 04:59 AM
Well I do feel a bit better than I did yesterday, but I think I should still maybe get some antidepressants to feel completely normal again... I dont know....

gypsylee
08-19-2015, 06:40 AM
Yeah anti-deps have helped me quite a lot (Prozac being the best in my experience). They tend to boost your confidence and make you more sociable, which in turn helps the anxiety. But they don't address the actual anxiety in my opinion. They've certainly gotten me out of some pretty severe anxious/depressive episodes though.

Skizo
08-19-2015, 06:51 AM
well please don't kill yourself. I have the same thing. literally the same thing. Temples, cheekbones all that stuff. I even have crazy tingling in my chest and back every single day. Don't feed into it at all. Ignore it and if you really feel helpless see your doctor to help you figure out what it is. It will pass over time but you have to let it go. It's way easier said than done, and I too have good days and bad. But keep with it and stay positive. you should probably see a therapist as well, this will also help with your issues. It just takes time.

good luck :)

What if doesnt stop tho? I feel tense like the skin is tight/pulling.... and the feeling moves around in my head, from throat to jaw to cheeks to back of the head to temples to forehead, etc.... sometimes it feels so stiff that it hurts.... its like I am completely unable to relax even for a second.... :/ I've had this with varying strength for over a month now....I dont know how much longer I can take this and I need help :/ I dont know what to do any more I exercise every day but its not helping.... I am going back to school in a few weeks, I hope that will help, because I am not socializing at all.

Skizo
08-19-2015, 11:29 AM
I will go to a therapist but the problem is the waiting time is probably months long :/