PDA

View Full Version : Trouble adjusting back to normal life

Namaste0701
08-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Hi guys,

So it's been a while since I last posted. When I was last here, I was a mess with depression, extreme anxiety, health anxiety, and frequent derealization episodes. Now, I have gotten so much better and I am proud of what I have accomplished. However, I feel like I am still stuck. I feel like I can't adjust back to normal life. What I mean by this is that I still have an altered perception like my body is still stuck in overdrive and hypertensive but my mind isn't. Like my perception is almost derealized but all of my mental and physical symptoms are gone for the most part. I'm ready to move on with my life but I don't know how I can if this is happening. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

gypsylee
08-16-2015, 08:38 PM
It sounds like you've made heaps of progress. Focus on that and try to ignore whatever's going on now. I know it's easier said than done but sometimes you just have to go through the motions of "getting on with life" even if you feel weird. It's just residual anxiety/depression, that's all.

Cheers,
Gypsy x