PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture

squeek1er
08-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I started doing acupuncture to help with my anxiety about a month ago. I have found it pretty helpful. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this and whether you found it successful or not in lessening your symptoms.

Dahila
08-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, I had tried if and it did not make the difference for me

squeek1er
08-16-2015, 06:32 AM
Sorry that it didn't work for you. Have you found anything that has worked? If you don't mind me asking.

raggamuffin
08-16-2015, 06:43 AM
I had it once for a bad back. One of the worst pains i've ever felt was him jabbing me with needles then pushing the needle from side to side. I don't think I'd ever go to a GP again for acupuncture.

Ed

squeek1er
08-16-2015, 07:02 AM
Ouch! That doesn't sound very helpful for pain lol
Thankfully I didn't have the same experience. I did switch acupuncture doctors though because I didn't feel like the first one knew what he was doing.

By the way - love your signature Ed!

MiST
08-16-2015, 07:04 AM
Being diabetic I get to stick needles in myself everyday..does that count? :p

Dahila
08-16-2015, 07:32 AM
Sorry that it didn't work for you. Have you found anything that has worked? If you don't mind me asking.
yes medication :))

squeek1er
08-16-2015, 07:55 AM
That counts double MiST!!

squeek1er
08-16-2015, 07:56 AM
LOL Dahila!! I'm still figuring that part out

MiST
08-16-2015, 08:20 AM
Joking aside, I'm actually open to trying it. I've heard it can benefit a number of different ailments.

gypsylee
08-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Being diabetic I get to stick needles in myself everyday..does that count? :p

Same. Acupuncture needles are a little bigger though :) I've had "needling" as part of massage and physio and it was horrible. Pretty much what Raggamuffin said.. I almost launched off the table one time lol.

Dahila
08-16-2015, 08:53 AM
sorrry , Yes, only medication and meditation is helping , I use my herbal extracts too.....

squeek1er
08-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Personally, I have had a good experience with acupuncture. At the height of my anxiety, it definitely brought the level down to allow me to function. Honestly, I don't even feel the needles going in because they are so thin. Occasionally, I can feel one if it's at a sensitive spot.
I use it for whatever symptoms I am having that week due to anxiety. Headaches, jaw pain, sleep problems, etc - you guys all know the symptoms lol.
I'm just trying to see what everyone else does to help because one of my issues is medication anxiety. So by the time I convince myself to take a Xanax I'm a jittery mess!

gadguy
08-17-2015, 07:53 AM
I tried it once when i was having a really bad round of insomnia......it gave me a mild panic attack...I felt trapped with the needles in me, plus I found then to be painful. I was supposed to have them in 45 minutes...I may have lasted 10. I never did go to sleep.

gypsylee
08-17-2015, 09:30 AM
LOL. Acupuncture isn't sounding very good, is it? :)

MiST
08-17-2015, 10:05 AM

It is if your a hedgehog..

http://media.sonicscanf.org/gallery/sonic-the-hedgehog/thumbs/150px-sonic-the-hedgehog-cd.png

gadguy
08-17-2015, 11:58 AM

It was recommended to me by a friend who had lost his Father unexpectedly and was having issues dealing with the lose including insomnia...it worked for him, I guess everyone is different.

squeek1er
08-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Ok you guys seriously made me LOL!! Especially the hedgehog
Gadguy - I actually do get anxious too about feeling trapped. I bring my daughter so I'm not alone, we set a timer for the 30 minutes, and I chat to keep my mind occupied. It has gotten better over time but I still feel jittery.
Mainly I think what will I do if I need to run out of there in full panic mode lol.

gypsylee
08-17-2015, 08:03 PM
LOL@hedgehog.

I'm sure acupuncture is different to what they do in physio with those needles (never again!) It just makes me laugh hearing about other people having these painful experiences.

:)

gypsylee
08-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Oh and I haven't even mentioned the amount of body piercings I've had lol. So you'd think I could handle those needles they stick in the knotted muscles right? Nope. That feeling is so bad.

squeek1er
08-20-2015, 06:00 AM
Funny that you mention that gypsylee because every once in awhile a needle hits a "sore" spot and it's a strange feeling. And not very pleasant lol. I wonder if that's similar to what you had done.
I've had a couple of body piercings and I think it's the fact that the needle is in & out quickly that makes it not so bad. A minute of pain & done!! Acupuncture I feel like a voodoo doll for 30 minutes.

gypsylee
08-20-2015, 07:37 AM
Funny that you mention that gypsylee because every once in awhile a needle hits a "sore" spot and it's a strange feeling. And not very pleasant lol. I wonder if that's similar to what you had done.
I've had a couple of body piercings and I think it's the fact that the needle is in & out quickly that makes it not so bad. A minute of pain & done!! Acupuncture I feel like a voodoo doll for 30 minutes.

Yeah see I've had it done as a way of getting rid of knots in muscles and it feels like an electric shock. Just the thought of it makes me queasy lol.