PDA

View Full Version : Very bad anxiety about antibiotics?

Lily544
08-14-2015, 05:10 PM
ive had tonsillitis for two weeks yesterday, but it never went away so after going back and forth of wether or not I should take antibiotics I took them. My tonsils are still swollen so I still get food stuck and I still have a sore throat. So I decided to take them. I have to take 4 2 times a day, so 8 a day for 10 days I think. My anxiety is so bad I worry about everything, I keep having panic attacks because I think what if I overdose on the antibiotics because I haven't really got an infection ( I know I have my tonsils are enlarged and inflamed) or thinking that I'm not going to get better because I'm on day 2 and nothing has changed. Just really need some reassurance that I'm having panick Attacks and that there's nothing to worry about.

Kuma
08-14-2015, 08:22 PM
ive had tonsillitis for two weeks yesterday, but it never went away so after going back and forth of wether or not I should take antibiotics I took them. My tonsils are still swollen so I still get food stuck and I still have a sore throat. So I decided to take them. I have to take 4 2 times a day, so 8 a day for 10 days I think. My anxiety is so bad I worry about everything, I keep having panic attacks because I think what if I overdose on the antibiotics because I haven't really got an infection ( I know I have my tonsils are enlarged and inflamed) or thinking that I'm not going to get better because I'm on day 2 and nothing has changed. Just really need some reassurance that I'm having panick Attacks and that there's nothing to worry about.

If you have a competent physician -- and that physician prescribed antibiotics for you -- then it would be prudent for you to take the antibiotics. Anxiety and panic is really tough (believe me, I know), but you should not allow it to damage your physical health...

Cory Kloos
08-16-2015, 09:44 AM
I went through this exact thing with an ear infection. However, I just had to deal with it. 1- you cant overdose on them by taking them if you dont have an infection. Thats impossible. 2- It took me 6 days to feel better with the antibiotics

Sometimes it turns out to be a viral infection which means antibiotics wont help, but thats totally ok. Then your dr will know that after the antibiotics are done and will prescribe something else that will work.

MiST
08-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Antibiotics are a good thing. Embrace them..:)