PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new here (:

lapp2892
08-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Hello, my name is Kelsey, and I am currently going into my last semester of college. I have been suffering from bad anxiety since last summer. I have always had mild anxiety, but now controls my life. I have a hard time believing its all anxiety, and always want to find out their is something medically wrong with me (so i can cure it). I started getting really dizzy last summer, and ever since then I have been too so many doctors, had multiple MRIs and here I am now with the only answer that it is anxiety. I have been a runner for most of my life, and my fear of getting dizzy has gotten in the way with that. I have had multiple panic attacks but they come and go with time. Without my family and boyfriend to support me, I really dont know where I would be. I do not think my family really understands my anxiety, and I never want to overwhelm my loved ones so I though joining this forum would really help me get more support. My main passion in life is helping animals and people. After school I hope to work with senior citizens, and work my way up to a steady job in this field. So I am here to provide support to others as well (:

JohnC
08-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Hi lapp2892, Welcome to the forum and rest assured that you are not alone. There are a lot of things that you can try to help with your anxiety. Seems a lot of folks do meditation ( i suck at it ) and CBT and there is also some good reading out there as well. You can always type in key words in the search box and do some reading that way too. Kick back and enjoy the ride.

MiST
08-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the community..:)

gypsylee
08-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Hi and welcome Kelsey :)