PDA

View Full Version : My blog on my journey to accepting anxiety

anxietyauntie
08-13-2015, 02:55 AM
Hi all,
I have started up a blog on my journey towards trying to accept my anxiety.
It is still relatively new, but it would be great to hear any feedback on it, and I am hoping it might help people on their own journey.
You can find it here: tryagaintomorrow.net
The about page explains the name :)

Ponder
08-13-2015, 06:01 AM
Well put. Giving in at the end of the day certainly helps me make it through the night and into the next day. Better able to let go, take a stand and move on. Nice share.

PrettyPeony
08-14-2015, 10:51 AM
I've considered this idea myself. It seems like it would be a great way to help process what you're going through and really understand it. I often find that when writing about things, I start to make connections and find new meaning, realizations that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise. It's like inviting all of your aha's into one place, accumulatively, if that makes any sense whatsoever... and at the very least, I imagine it having similar benefits to journaling, which can be very theraputic :P

Davit
10-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Every thing you do during the day goes into short term memory. Negatives and positives. During REM sleep they get sorted and the important stuff goes into long term memory. Going to bed thinking negative or positive gives direction to what you save most. Negative can cause bad dreams or even panic attacks due to how the information is stored. Survival skills are all negative so they have a certain priority to start with so it becomes important to go to sleep thinking positive.

Blondie517
10-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Thanks for sharing your website, will def. check it out! Had to say I love your username even more and I'm a little jealous I didn't think of it ;) LOL! I love being an auntie!

Davit
10-02-2015, 01:08 PM
I read your blog and it makes me sad to think you feel that way. You are not alone. About one in a hundred get a total remission from anxiety so that would say pretty much for the general public there is no cure. of the other 99 there are no statistics on how many are coping well and how many are coping but not well. On any forum site you will find those that are not coping at all and those medication is the only answer. This is very discouraging but since I am one of the rare one in a hundred I feel I need to keep trying to increase that number. So although a cure is possible it might not be for you but I still feel it could be.

anxietyauntie
10-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Hi all,
Apologies for being away for a while - I have been struggling lately and needed some space.
I am back now though, and have decided to be active during Mental Health Awareness Week here in New Zealand.
My blog has been updated with more posts, and I will be adding more during the week. I know that you are all aware of mental health and the associated tough issues, stigmas and problems... but still feel free to read up and possibly comment and add some insight!
tryagaintomorrow.net
Thanks
Anxiety Auntie

MiST
10-05-2015, 04:23 AM
Nice to see you back..:)

woe
10-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Hi, I checked your blog and you have a new follower!

Zen + Lion
10-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Hi, I just started following your blog!

I just started a blog too. I think the blogging community is great and super supportive.

Check mine out. -->> zenpluslion.com

greightful
10-31-2015, 10:43 PM
I liked your post on Oct. 8th. Specifically the part titled: "Find a subtle way of communicating their anxiety in a public place." That's a good tip. Anxiety sufferers don't want the people in the crowded grocery store or train to know they are anxious. If you loudly say to an anxiety sufferer, "What's wrong," they may want to crawl inside a box. It's like yelling over a PA speaker, "Hey everyone! My partner is about to have a panic attack! Come laugh at him/her and poke her." You definitely need those close to you to understand you fully and be subtle.