PDA

View Full Version : physical symptoms before psychological ones

ruthylou
08-09-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone else gets the physical symptoms of anxiety before they get the psychological ones. Also, do peoples physical symptoms change or do they stay the same? I tend to get the same physical symptoms for a while but once I get used to them occurring and learn how to overcome them, I get different ones the next time

Tremor
08-09-2015, 08:30 PM
I have been dealing with my anxiety now for almost 15 years and I too deal with similar issues. It seems when I finally figure out that a particular symptom is not life threatening and just anxiety, it will manifest some where else. It's very annoying!

In reality, I'm probably not dealing with reducing or managing my day to day anxieties very well. I'm just learning to over come the symptoms.

Maybe at some point if I can figure out what is causing the anxiety, I can eliminate the physical symptoms.

Hope that our similar situations gives you some peace of mind that you are not alone.

ruthylou
08-10-2015, 04:36 AM
Thank you for the reply, it does give me peace of mind knowing that I'm not the only one feeling like this. To be honest, I'm probably not dealing with my anxiety very well either. I have to learn how to stop it from controlling my life before it takes over it completely.

Cory Kloos
08-11-2015, 09:15 PM
At first I was convinced I had a heart problem because of chest pains. When I satisfied myself that this was a non issue, I was sure I had major blood sugar issues because of being light headed. Currently, I have something wrong with my lungs because of shortness of breath. Physical symptoms MOST DEFINITELY change!

DrStrangeluv
08-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Hi Ruthy!

I'd say it's like a dog chasing it own tail. Or a two headed monster, if you have anxiety or a prone to it, a simple flu turns into an ebola virus, and then you worry, and then from that worry you get headaches, chest pains, you name it... and then you think it's something else and the cycle starts all over again. I guess that the secret is to overcome the idea that there's something wrong with your body. Trust me, you can have a million tests done and they will all turn out fine.