PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Pattern/Schedule

dilbuck
08-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Just curious how well you all sleep? Have difficulty falling asleep? Etc.

I have been doing much better now falling asleep but it doesn't necessarily last that long. I take one 3 mg of melatonin and 250 mg of Magnesium about an hour before I want to sleep. I usually sleep for about 4 hours and will then wake up for about an hour or so around 2 or 3 am and then fall back to sleep until my alarm goes off at 7. There are, of course, nights where I have a more restless or longer sleeps but this seems to be my typical schedule. I have noticed an elevated heart rate (not drastically) when I wake up in the middle of the night.

isaacA
08-09-2015, 01:36 AM
I've been someone who has my days and nights get mixed up alot.. I've developed somin where I feel safe at night so I stay up I geuss.. I've always had insomnia.. I have a hard time settling down untill I'm so tired I have no choice. Don't know if the post helps. Does melatonin work?? :)

dilbuck
08-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Oh it wasn't a search for help... more like a curiosity thing since insomnia seems to be a pretty prevalent symptom with anxiety. :) The melatonin seems to help me some. Mixing it with the magnesium really helps me calm down a bit right before bed so it's easier for me to fall asleep. One of these nights, I'd love to just sleep straight through but I don't foresee the happening for awhile. Melatonin is perhaps worth a shot? It's cheap and seems to be relatively effective for most people.

gadguy
08-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Just curious how well you all sleep? Have difficulty falling asleep? Etc.

I have been doing much better now falling asleep but it doesn't necessarily last that long. I take one 3 mg of melatonin and 250 mg of Magnesium about an hour before I want to sleep. I usually sleep for about 4 hours and will then wake up for about an hour or so around 2 or 3 am and then fall back to sleep until my alarm goes off at 7. There are, of course, nights where I have a more restless or longer sleeps but this seems to be my typical schedule. I have noticed an elevated heart rate (not drastically) when I wake up in the middle of the night.

All my life according to my mother..she says i never slept through the night as infant or a child...as a now 50 year old almost, i still do not sleep well, if I do not take prescription meds I can go days at a time without sleeping...when i do sleep its full of odd strange, even terrifying dreams. When i first started meds the crazy dreams went away but now for last 3 to 4 weeks the drams are back with a vengeance. I wake up tired and i go to sleep tired. Goal is to get off sleep meds next year I HOPE.