PDA

View Full Version : New Member

pelliott
12-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Hello,

I have just come across this forum and I think it's great to see folks getting together on-line and sharing experiences about anxiety disorders. I was diagnosed five years ago with GAD. I have been on several SSRI's throughout the years and it's the worse medication anyone can take. I believe the only meds that help are the benzo's which help take the edge off. It's not the solution, but it helps when you have to live in this world and participate with daily activities. The first panic attack I had was when I was 10 years old. I woke up from a deep sleep and could not breathe. My father sat up with me for hours and told me to breath in a bag. I did this for several years. I am now 32 years old and I can remember all the different episodes I've been through, throughout the years.

As I was reading the different post from this forum, I see many people having very similar conditions as me. For example, getting lost or being scared of not finding your way back home. Not thinking clear and being confused. Being in social environments and feeling like your body in not in the same room. Felling agitated and your 5 senses becoming very sensitive, etc.

I'm hope I made some sense and did not go on too long.

brickyard_red
12-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Welcome pelliott, I'm glad you came across this forum. You will find that there is much support to be had here. And to let you know, you made perfect sense and you can never go too long here. lol There's no such thing. You just go ahead and type away as much as you feel like it! See you around soon.

Cath :)

pelliott
01-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Brickyard_red,

Thanks for the response. It's great to find folks that care.

phillip