PDA

View Full Version : terrible anxiety

Saldav
08-03-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm in desperate need of help, I can't control my anxiety. I feel like im going to lose my mind, im scared. Im a 38 year old male, and im crying like a baby, I've had anxiety/depression for 14 years and I haven't experienced it this bad in a long time. What should I do? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

MiST
08-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Hi,

Try and relax my friend, remember anxiety cannot hurt you no matter how unpleasent the symptoms. Try not to fear your symptoms, you have experienced the worst they can do and ou always come out on top right?

The more you fear them, the longer they will last and more intense they will be.

Let them come, accept them, and carry on with your day as best you can, i know it's hard. But you know there is nothing to fear right? I know you know this inside..

If your body wants to be anxious and throw nasty sensations at you, then so be it, don't give it so much attention, your only feeding it.

You are in control, not your body. Think positive, be proactive and try not to care so much.

You will feel beter and you will recover, by not caring that you have these temporary symptoms.

Good luck to you.

MiST

Saldav
08-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Hi,

Try and relax my friend, remember anxiety cannot hurt you no matter how unpleasent the symptoms. Try not to fear your symptoms, you have experienced the worst they can do and ou always come out on top right?

The more you fear them, the longer they will last and more intense they will be.

Let them come, accept them, and carry on with your day as best you can, i know it's hard. But you know there is nothing to fear right? I know you know this inside..

If your body wants to be anxious and throw nasty sensations at you, then so be it, don't give it so much attention, your only feeding it.

You are in control, not your body. Think positive, be proactive and try not to care so much.

You will feel beter and you will recover, by not caring that you have these temporary symptoms.

Good luck to you.

MiST

Thank you mist for your advice, it just feels so bad.

gypsylee
08-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Hi Sal,

Anxiety is so good at making us think we're going crazy, going to die etc. It's all a bluff! It feels fucking horrible but all it is is chemicals like adrenaline causing your body to tense up so it can fight or run away from something. Problem is, there's nothing to run away from or fight - it's just stuff in your mind - so the anxiety hangs around. There are things you can do to tell your nervous system to settle down though - BREATHING being the main one. Also exercise. But even just knowing what's happening physically can stop your mind racing and adding extra adrenaline to the situation. You can also write stuff down that's worrying you which gets it out of your brain. Posting here is an example of that :)

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Saldav
08-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Hi Sal,

Anxiety is so good at making us think we're going crazy, going to die etc. It's all a bluff! It feels fucking horrible but all it is is chemicals like adrenaline causing your body to tense up so it can fight or run away from something. Problem is, there's nothing to run away from or fight - it's just stuff in your mind - so the anxiety hangs around. There are things you can do to tell your nervous system to settle down though - BREATHING being the main one. Also exercise. But even just knowing what's happening physically can stop your mind racing and adding extra adrenaline to the situation. You can also write stuff down that's worrying you which gets it out of your brain. Posting here is an example of that :)

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Thank you gypsy, I've been with high anxiety since I woke up, and it hasn't gotten any better, I just took a klonopin. Hopefully that helps.