PDA

View Full Version : Doing Better - Rut

Christheanxiousone
08-02-2015, 12:16 AM
So I've been in this terrible cycle, and I can finally say it is dying down. Yes, some depression comes with it, yes I still have some intrusive thoughts, better days than others, odd feelings from time to time, and those worry moments, but for the most part, I am healing. Thanks to everyone who has dealt with me these past few months of hell.

superchick22684
08-02-2015, 12:56 PM
So I've been in this terrible cycle, and I can finally say it is dying down. Yes, some depression comes with it, yes I still have some intrusive thoughts, better days than others, odd feelings from time to time, and those worry moments, but for the most part, I am healing. Thanks to everyone who has dealt with me these past few months of hell.

Glad to hear things are starting to improve. :)

MiST
08-02-2015, 02:00 PM
That's because you have cut mushrooms from your diet right? :p

#mushroomsareevil

Christheanxiousone
08-02-2015, 07:04 PM
That's because you have cut mushrooms from your diet right? :p

#mushroomsareevil

How did you know?! Lmao.

Christheanxiousone
08-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Glad to hear things are starting to improve. :)

Thanks, I'd be lying if I said I was at 100%, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't improving. It's a process..

superchick22684
08-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Thanks, I'd be lying if I said I was at 100%, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't improving. It's a process..

It's a process...you have no idea how much I can relate to that statement. I feel like my disorders (anxiety and depression) are always one step forward two steps back, almost like a continuous dance. Some days you take it hour by hour, other days its minute by minute and on the worst days its moment to moment.

Remember to acknowledge the small victories everyday, like doing something you thought was going to make you anxious but it didn't or doing something even though it made you anxious. It may seem silly but its still progress.

anxietyauntie
08-06-2015, 01:18 AM
Remember to acknowledge the small victories everyday, like doing something you thought was going to make you anxious but it didn't or doing something even though it made you anxious. It may seem silly but its still progress.

I agree! It is definitely a process... I also think that remembering where you were and comparing that to how you are now is beneficial. Too often I find myself comparing how I feel to how I WANT to feel. This doesn't help me feel like I am improving, just that I am failing. Understanding that it is a process and about small steps is truly helpful.

I am glad to hear that all is going better with you (even if this is the first post of yours I have come across) - progress, even if small, is still progress :)