PDA

View Full Version : Mad, scared and mostly just confused

simslover
08-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Hello all. I had a MRI done about a month ago because I have constant headaches and I wanted to know why. At age 15 or 16, I was diagnosed with Asperger's. This week, I got the MRI results back. The results were rather confusing. But me being me, I did some digging online, and came to a shocking possibility. I may have been misdiagnosed all these years. I am not 100% certain that I have, but it's starting to look that way. And I'm starting to feel like my whole life is a lie. I'm going crazy. My neuro wants me to do another MRI, which I really don't want. I'm supposed to see him again on the 31st. I guess I can wait until then for answers. I'm scared, and I don't know what to do.

Thanks for helping.

MomOfTwo
08-01-2015, 11:10 AM
What does the doctor think?

Also, don't try diagnosing yourself according to what google states. Just do all the testing & see what comes about. I know it's hard because I am a google freak. One thing I have learned, what's normal for someone may be abnormal for another. Each individual body differs greatly from the next.

Hang in there! :)

MiST
08-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Google should be renamed to fear inducing search box for the masses..

It always returns the worst possible results.

simslover
08-01-2015, 11:20 AM
What does the doctor think?

Also, don't try diagnosing yourself according to what google states. Just do all the testing & see what comes about. I know it's hard because I am a google freak. One thing I have learned, what's normal for someone may be abnormal for another. Each individual body differs greatly from the next.

Hang in there! :)

Thanks. I had the perfect opportunity to ask and I just froze. I was afraid of what he might say. I guess I'll have to wait until the last of August. I'm a Google freak, too. I need to get back in college ASAP. :D

MomOfTwo
08-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks. I had the perfect opportunity to ask and I just froze. I was afraid of what he might say. I guess I'll have to wait until the last of August. I'm a Google freak, too. I need to get back in college ASAP. :D

I've done the same thing. I go in there feeling SO confident, I have a list of all the questions written down and once the doctor starts talking, I draw a blank. I can't even take my paper out because I just go into a daze. It's the most bizarre thing ever.

ShaunAlex
08-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Hey there, only advice I can give is stay off Google with health. It really messes me up EVERY time i try to self diagnose.

MiST
08-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Hey there, only advice I can give is stay off Google with health. It really messes me up EVERY time i try to self diagnose.

This..all day long..http://www.pic4ever.com/images/banana_smiley_16.gif

simslover
08-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Still obsessing over it. I wish I could shut off my f'in brain. I wish I never got that stupid MRI. It was the most uncomfortable thing ever.