PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new and here and this is what is going on with me lately

Mikey Klose
07-31-2015, 07:15 PM
Hi my name is Michael i'm 23 years old and 3 years ago i was diagnosed with severe panic disorder. I was fine for the past 6-8 months with no problems my anxiety almost seemed to disappear, but just a few days ago out of the blue for no reason i woke up and had the scariest panic attack i've had since my very first one when i was 20. I was freaking out and i believe felt angry and extremely annoyed at anything people were saying to me i couldn't gather my thoughts and i wanted to rush off to the hospital like i have several times before because i was so scared at how i was feeling, but decided not to because all they would do is tell me what every doctor and therapist have told me and that is i am having bad anxiety... So i decided to start taking my prozac again (that never really helped before) to see if it would help at all, but all i can think about is how angry i got and the bad (slightly violent) thoughts i was having and it is getting increasingly worse, i have been talking myself into thinking i'm going crazy because of these bad thoughts i'm having, but i want to believe it is just my anxiety eating at me. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to calm myself down or even an opinion onto whether you think this is anxiety related, because i am scared that i am having a mental breakdown.

jshen
07-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Hi Mikey,

I'm also having a hard time with anxiety right now. Do you have a psychiatrist? I talk to mine often so I can make sure I'm getting the right help. Intrusive thoughts are common with anxiety and I know it feels like your losing your mind but you are not. I'm close to your age also, I'm 21. Are you in the U.S? Just curious lol.

Mikey Klose
07-31-2015, 09:10 PM
Hi thank you for your reply, i currently don't have insurance to see a psychiatrist so it's sadly difficult to get one around where i live and yes i live in Georgia. i was anxiety free since the beginning of the year, nothing in particular that i can think of set it off and now i am secluding myself in my room because i feel so horrible about the things i think about and it scares me... I don't believe i could ever do what i think about, but just the thought of it worries me...

Namaste0701
07-31-2015, 10:17 PM
It is anxiety. I have a lot of mental symptoms. Being irritable, feeling like you're going crazy, confusion, personality changes, etc. are some of many symptoms that people get from anxiety. You are not going crazy. If you were crazy you wouldn't think that you were. Just try to keep yourself calm and know that this will pass in time. Don't freak out if the symptoms don't go away ASAP, sometimes it can take days, weeks, or even a month or two to subside but you'll be ok! Good luck!

Mikey Klose
08-01-2015, 10:11 AM
thank you for the reassurance, it really has been bothering me but i'll just try to be positive in hopes it does subside soon cheers!