PDA

View Full Version : New to a site like this

Sphenops
07-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Hi, I'm a teenager whose never been diagnosed with anxiety and it's been hard coping with it since its harder for people to believe my anxious ways. I havent.. said things personal like this to the internet, so i am a bit intimidated, but willing. This is long so be prepared heh

Well, I'm an artist. Drawing is my passion, and it has been for a very long time.. I end up being indoors all the time, and I think thats where anxiety started showing up. I've been home alone for so long that I feel uncomfortable when I go outside. People always stare at me as if I'm a piece of garbage. When I have to talk to someone, hear loud noises, go out to a family party, or someone touches me, like a tap on a shoulder, I get all sweaty, my heart beats even faster than usual, my face heats up really bad and I feel like crying. I cant even talk normally sometimes because it feels like im choking. I get so terrified I end up running away a lot to calm myself down. I also play situations constantly, but it usually ends up terrible anyway with how scared i get. I have an irrational fear that everyone despises me, even my closest friend and family, and even though they show signs they like me, it always comes back to bite.
I feel I'm annoying and embarrassing to be around since i ramble and worry. It's gotten so bad that I started hurting myself and its not good, its really not good, I've gotten so close to ending things overall but I stop myself out of fear. I get more anxious because I'm lying to the people that care about me.. they say I'm shy, and I keep telling myself that this is puberty, but i feel so worthless and guilty that it doesnt help much. 6 months ago my stomach's gotten symptoms similar to constipation and i get horrid motion sickness as soon as i step in a stationary car.This happens every day.

Ive kept passing this anxiety and sadness as something i could get over but its been 3 years and i am pushing the limits. I hate socializing, i love being alone, yet i am lonely, and i keep thinking how that makes any sense at all, my close friends dont seem to care anymore, idk.. i want to know if this is something worth speaking about. Im only afraid to tell my parents because i hate them worrying and paying for me.. i dont like putting burdens on them when they've already been through so much pain themselves (ive also been taught that those under 18 cant be diagnosed with a mental problem. It sounds strange and i dont know where i heard it, but i think thats another factor that held me back from getting help)

Thank you for this forum, im glad i joined. I read other threads that made me feel better. its nice to knowthat im not alone. I dont want this to affect my career and lifestyle

superchick22684
07-31-2015, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the forum. Have you ever talked to anyone about your anxiety like a doctor or therapist? I think what you are experiencing is definitely something worth speaking about especially since you've been experiencing it for three years. As for talking to your parents, you are not a burden I'm sure they will be willing to help you however they can. Also there is no rule about a minimum age that you can or cannot be diagnosed with a mental illness, people can be diagnosed at any age.

You deserve to be able to enjoy your life without being afraid. You deserve to be able to enjoy drawing again without being scared to go outside. Hope things get better for you.