PDA

View Full Version : Effexor worked for me in the past and now it dosn't?! Very worried

jshen
07-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Before this really bad anxiety rut started, I was on effexor 225 mg for over a year and it did pretty well, I was able to manage things. I switched because I wanted to see if something could do better, bad mistake. I've been slowly going up on Effexor again over the past month and a half and I'm on 225mg now and it's not working! So anxious when I wake up, sweats, weird dreams, heart pounding really fast etc. why isn't it working this time?! My doc and I talk often, I just hope I can get back on track before school starts in a month and work picks up. It's my senior year in college and I don't want it to be a mess.

Jonah

superchick22684
07-30-2015, 02:13 PM
How long have you been back at 225 mg? Sometimes it takes a little time for the body to adjust when you taper up or down on a medication. Also was there any sort of change from being on generic then non-generic meds? Sometimes that can have an effect as well.

Ahlstrom
07-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Most likely Superchick22648 is correct, I'm not doctor but in my experience I wait around 30 to 40 days on a steady dosage before it "evens out of sorts"

Another thing that might have happened is that your brain chemistry has completely changed and now either your medication or dosage (or both) doesn't work as it used to. When I was 13 years old I was on Lexapro but as I matured and my body changed my Lexapro began to have only negative effects on me.