PDA

View Full Version : Nice to meet you.

IDontKnowWhatToDo
07-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Hello, I'd like to introduce myself.
I am a 22 year old female American, and I have been dealing with anxiety for as long I can remember.
I tend to be fearful, panicky, stressed, and prone to crying, especially in social situations. This has gotten to the point where my life is at a standstill. I have no job, no money, no friends, no education past high school, no driver's license. I also have had rhuematiod arthritis my entire life.
I am entirely dependent on my parents. I want treatment badly, but I can't seem to get them to take me to a doctor. In joining this forum I hope to find some sort of free, online way of helping myself.
Thanks for reading!

MiST
07-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Hello and welcome to the community..:)

You will finds lots of helpful advice here. Your first port of call should be to get your hands on anything by Dr Claire Weekes, her books, audio books..etc

Read them so you can get an understanding of what has happened to you, for many people, simply understanding that what your experiencing is nothing more than perfectly natural bodily responses to elevated levels of adrenaline is enough to send them on the road to recovery.

Knowing you actually have nothing to fear at all, it is a vicious cycle of fear, adrenaline, fear..

Your body is simply behaving as it should under the given circumstances, it has become sensitized to your anxiety state.

Check her out, fill your mind with knowledge and heal yourself.

MainerMikeBrown
07-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Welcome, IDKWTD.

I know things are tough right now for you. But when things aren't going well, hopefully you'll believe in the idea that their is only one way to go, and that's up.

LLaine
08-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Hello there,

I hope it gets better for you soon. If not, we can try self medicating -- no not with drugs.
It would help if you have some people to talk to..
You can talk to me, and several other wonderful people in this forum :3

all.one.planet
08-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Hopefully joining this forum is the first step in helping yourself without your parents by your side. Hopefully you'll get some insight from here. (thats why I joined today) good luck! xo Em