PDA

View Full Version : Triumph..kinda

gadguy
07-27-2015, 07:38 AM
My Dad showed up at my house unexpectedly to help me with a remodel project I had been working on. He has helped out, but never when I have been home. My Dad has away of making me anxious and feel that I am worthless, that's just the way it has always been. I managed to get through the day fine...if I said I was not a bit anxious I would be lying, but after he left I still felt good about myself, and I think he was impressed with the work I had already done. at least he was not critical.

The second triumph, is generally I let people run over me, I had to return part of a kit to hardware store, because that part was defective. The rest of kit had already been installed and I was not going to uninstall it. The woman at customer service told me to go in back and get someone to help me get the right part out of kit, which is what I did. When I get back, she says she needs whole kit, not what she told me at first, I told her that is not what she told me, why would i waste my time just getting the part if she had? Well she started to get rude and loud...normally I would back down at this point and leave. To my surprise I got loud right back and stopped just short of telling her she needed to adjust her attitude. Anyway I got the part I wanted on my terms. I'm not sure what came over me. Self confidence...LOL...were did that come from?!

gypsylee
07-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Hey good work :) I hate conflict as well so I understand what a big deal that is.

gadguy
07-28-2015, 06:23 AM
Hey good work :) I hate conflict as well so I understand what a big deal that is.

Thanx Gypsy, it felt good walking back to my car..walking tall. LOL

bizcoach
07-29-2015, 12:06 AM
Good for you!

I wish I could feel comfortable enough to return something. I envy your bravery and your new found social strength. Good work.