PDA

View Full Version : Need a friend

TisdaleLondon
07-25-2015, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone!

It has been a while since I last posted on here! My anxiety had calmed down for a while but it seems to be worming it's way back into my life - worse than ever! I am becoming scared to leave my home and it is eating away my social life. I would really appreciate a friend to talk too or relate too, please email me: [email protected]

I am so scared.

Zenlover
07-25-2015, 08:21 AM
What you are describing is agoraphobia and a good friend of mine is diagnosed with this. From what she told me, is that she became agoraphobic because she had a fear of panic attacks. I can tell you that she got a lot of help from a support group, once she start feeling better to leave the house. She did a lot of regular abdominal breathing combined with progressive muscle relaxation lead by a health care professional on the phone initially. She then started with guided imagery with visualizing very peaceful scenes for several months. As she started to feel better she attended yoga classes in her area, and always had on very soothing calming music in the background whenever I would visit her. I will say that she has recovered nicely, although she continues to work at it.

Help is available. Try locating local mental health professionals who may be able to recommend support groups would be a good start. You can start now by working on deep abdominal breathing throughout the day and some aerobic physical activity which can calm you down.

gypsylee
07-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Sent an email :)