PDA

View Full Version : Starting Celexa tonight

BrookeLynnnn
07-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Good reviews on your start up? I'm nervous, seeing that I have to take care of a newborn while starting.. My others always made me feel like complete poop!! I do have Klonopin if I need it also.

Oh & how do you guys deal with being exhausted & that causing anxiety!?

JohnC
07-25-2015, 05:06 AM
Not sure it's a good thing but coffee and a 2 liter of diet mountain dew a day for me opens my eyes.

BrookeLynnnn
07-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Not sure it's a good thing but coffee and a 2 liter of diet mountain dew a day for me opens my eyes.

Oh that sounds so good!! My anxiety would not agree though! Lol

Sagittarius
07-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Good reviews on your start up? I'm nervous, seeing that I have to take care of a newborn while starting.. My others always made me feel like complete poop!! I do have Klonopin if I need it also.

Oh & how do you guys deal with being exhausted & that causing anxiety!?

I started on 20mg on Monday night, tuesday morning I felt really jittery. Cut back to 10mg, jitters gone, I'm having a little bit of diarrhea but nothing too severe yet. My intrusive OCD thoughts seem to be a little worse, but I'm taking about .5mg klonopin daily and that helps. I'm going to stick with the 10mg celexa for a while longer and ramp up to 20.

BrookeLynnnn
07-25-2015, 05:37 PM
I started on 20mg on Monday night, tuesday morning I felt really jittery. Cut back to 10mg, jitters gone, I'm having a little bit of diarrhea but nothing too severe yet. My intrusive OCD thoughts seem to be a little worse, but I'm taking about .5mg klonopin daily and that helps. I'm going to stick with the 10mg celexa for a while longer and ramp up to 20.

Okay that's not too bad! I'm having a little more anxiety today.. I'm gonna start the Klonopin tomorrow morning. What time do you take it? Does it last all day?

Sagittarius
07-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Okay that's not too bad! I'm having a little more anxiety today.. I'm gonna start the Klonopin tomorrow morning. What time do you take it? Does it last all day?

If you've never taken it before I would take it in the afternoon and see how you feel. Today I took a quarter of a .5mg tablet in the morning and that made the anxiety manageable most of the day. Took .25mg at supper, and might take another quarter for bed, making a total of a .5mg pill. That's a pretty small dose, I've read that 2mg daily is not uncommon for panic disorder, and it can go a lot higher.

BrookeLynnnn
07-25-2015, 07:11 PM
If you've never taken it before I would take it in the afternoon and see how you feel. Today I took a quarter of a .5mg tablet in the morning and that made the anxiety manageable most of the day. Took .25mg at supper, and might take another quarter for bed, making a total of a .5mg pill. That's a pretty small dose, I've read that 2mg daily is not uncommon for panic disorder, and it can go a lot higher.

Oh okay! I've taken a .25 one time last year. I don't remember exactly how it was but I was able to go to the mountains anxiety free. I usually take Xanax but it doesn't last long at all.

Kuma
07-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Oh okay! I've taken a .25 one time last year. I don't remember exactly how it was but I was able to go to the mountains anxiety free. I usually take Xanax but it doesn't last long at all.

How's the baby doing? Are you getting any sleep? (Usually, you don't get much -- at least for the first 18 years -- after that, it sometimes gets easier).

BrookeLynnnn
07-27-2015, 11:29 AM
How's the baby doing? Are you getting any sleep? (Usually, you don't get much -- at least for the first 18 years -- after that, it sometimes gets easier).

Baby is good! On a good night, he's only waking up twice to eat. On a bad night, 4 times. Lol & awesome, I have that to look forward to in 18 years! Lol

BrookeLynnnn
07-28-2015, 11:07 AM
I forgot how much anxiety starting a new med caused :( I'm taking the Klonopin but after 8-10 hrs, anxiety hits me again & I have to take another. & I'm having intrusive thoughts but I think that has to do with another issue.

jessed03
07-30-2015, 07:51 AM

Lmao.

Glad you're well, Brooke. Celexa was always good for me. It was a little rocky to start with, but then started to work after a couple of weeks. It done it's job. It helped me get to a good place, so I can't complain about it. No weight gain or anything like that either.

You still suffering from the intrusive thoughts? Man those must be rough after just having a little 'un. Hang in there!