PDA

View Full Version : terminal uniquness

lark265
07-24-2015, 03:43 PM
anyone else feel that "terminal uniqueness" thing where you think you are THE ONLY one who is suffering this much and that no one could understand what you're going through? well, I do. it's a killer......my head informs me that not only am I unique in all the world to be going through this, but that there is now way out......it's like my "disease" (anxiety and depression) it trying to trick me into thinking there's no hope, so don't bother trying to seek help...........my head hates me.

Goomba
07-24-2015, 03:55 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_fable

mrslizzyg
07-24-2015, 04:51 PM
My anxiety brain like to trick me into this thought process, especially when I am panicking.
In those moments, there really isn't much I can do.. until the attack passes.

BUT- this forum right here is proof that you are not alone. :)

Zenlover
07-25-2015, 08:26 AM
The mind can play tricks on you however you must realize that you are not alone. You must seek an anxiety free life, it will not find you. If you want help you have to go after it and believe that you can be helped. There are over 50 million people with anxiety disorders and I am certainly one of them. Help is available.

"Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try." Jack Canfield