PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of this weird fear

Yffi
07-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey, guys!

Ok, so I've googled this and found nobody else to have this fear.

Ever since I was a kid, I was terribly scared of the Terminator. I've spent countless nights wide awake and scared to death. As soon as there was more media exposure for some new movie and I saw that thing, the fear would get back and I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. Then when it got quiet and I stopped seeing it for some time, I returned to normal.

This is really been the only thing I've ever had as a fear. I'm not afraid of robots too, even other robots in the Terminator franchise, only the classic skeleton ones. I'm not even afraid of skeletons, I love Ghost Rider.

I remember when the Terminator TV series started, it was some years after the last movie and I was 18+, I thought I was no longer afraid. Booted up the first episode and it shocked me right back and I didn't sleep that night. It wasn't as severe as when I was a child, the next day I was ok, but still.

So I'm 27 now and the new movie just came out. Few weeks ago the damn thing was everywhere, on every website I would go, there would be banners with that disgusting thing. I feel like at this point I am resistant enough to be able to sleep even after being exposed to it, but now that I see it often on the media I wake up from these mild nightmares. It's happened at least once a week for the past 2 months and it's really annoying. I dream of the thing, but in more of a observing role and it's a slow annoying dream until I wake up. I also get these slight jolts of fear if an image of it surprises me on the screen.

It's really annoying and I would really like to erase this franchise. Maybe go back in time and kill James Cameron, I don't know, but I'm a grown ass man and I have more important things to deal with than this red eyed piece of junk.

What do I do?

gadguy
07-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Hey, guys!

Ok, so I've googled this and found nobody else to have this fear.

Ever since I was a kid, I was terribly scared of the Terminator. I've spent countless nights wide awake and scared to death. As soon as there was more media exposure for some new movie and I saw that thing, the fear would get back and I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. Then when it got quiet and I stopped seeing it for some time, I returned to normal.

This is really been the only thing I've ever had as a fear. I'm not afraid of robots too, even other robots in the Terminator franchise, only the classic skeleton ones. I'm not even afraid of skeletons, I love Ghost Rider.

I remember when the Terminator TV series started, it was some years after the last movie and I was 18+, I thought I was no longer afraid. Booted up the first episode and it shocked me right back and I didn't sleep that night. It wasn't as severe as when I was a child, the next day I was ok, but still.

So I'm 27 now and the new movie just came out. Few weeks ago the damn thing was everywhere, on every website I would go, there would be banners with that disgusting thing. I feel like at this point I am resistant enough to be able to sleep even after being exposed to it, but now that I see it often on the media I wake up from these mild nightmares. It's happened at least once a week for the past 2 months and it's really annoying. I dream of the thing, but in more of a observing role and it's a slow annoying dream until I wake up. I also get these slight jolts of fear if an image of it surprises me on the screen.

It's really annoying and I would really like to erase this franchise. Maybe go back in time and kill James Cameron, I don't know, but I'm a grown ass man and I have more important things to deal with than this red eyed piece of junk.

What do I do?

Well for me its clowns any clown...since I was a kid. I had nightmares about them all the time, when I turned 30 some friends gave me balloons with a clown attached. That night I kept imagining it attacking me, finally I got up and put it in the trunk of my car and drove to waste disposal center in the middle of the night a threw it away.

Finally after that I realized that was silly for a grown man to be that afraid of a stuffed clown. Since that time I have been better with clowns....I am still not fond of them but the terror is gone and if I run into one...I no longer panic, but i don't hang around long either.

Good luck