PDA

View Full Version : Huge panic attack :(

snowberry
07-23-2015, 10:58 PM
Very weak/tingly muscles on lower half, feel awful. Really hard to come down this time. Doing the proper breathing but this weak sensation is so horrible. I'm so sick of this, I just want to sleep...

Christheanxiousone
07-24-2015, 04:49 AM
Anxiety is a real douche-bag sometimes.. let us know how you're feeling now.

snowberry
07-24-2015, 06:01 AM
Thank you for replying.

Somehow, I managed to get calm, and slept a few hours. Now I'm up and just utterly depressed. I'm so sick of this BS. I feel like an invalid when there's nothing really wrong with me. I don't know how I'm going to raise my spirits. It's been a while since I felt this desolate.

Im-Suffering
07-24-2015, 07:07 AM
Thank you for replying.

Somehow, I managed to get calm, and slept a few hours. Now I'm up and just utterly depressed. I'm so sick of this BS. I feel like an invalid when there's nothing really wrong with me. I don't know how I'm going to raise my spirits. It's been a while since I felt this desolate.

This type of self suggestion, defeatism, negative thought pattern, is the problem, not the anxiety.

For example,

Instead of all that you said,

"Thank goodness that's over, now to get on with what I want to do today. I know each time my sensations will be less, and I will recover in less time !"

You say this every time, even if its the 1 millionth. You keep high expectations, you have a positive outlook that life will work itself out, and most importantly, you believe.

Now, if you understand this message, that's half the battle won!

If there is but one.... single ..... thing.. man has control of -

And there is but one.

It is his mind. This is the gift of the gods.

Learn to use it for your best interests.

Zenlover
07-24-2015, 08:17 AM
I agree with Im-Suffering. Developing a positive mental attitude is more than half the battle. Using positive affirmations and BELIEVING is critical. Here are some helpful affirmations: I can learn how to cope better with this and any difficulty life brings. I am learning to take things more slowly. I make time to take care of myself. I make time to do small things to nurture myself. Each day I'm growing in my capacity to master worry and anxiety. Try them, be patient, and Believe.

Zenlover

"As you move outside of your comfort zone, what was once the unknown and frightening becomes your new normal."
Robin S. Sharma

snowberry
07-24-2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys. I'm trying to stay positive. It's just the most annoying sensation. I feel weak in my lower back, left side, and it sometimes goes down my leg. I feel like it might be my sciatic nerve. It's a horrible sensation, really intense, not painful but just weak and tingly, it's difficult to ignore. It gets worse when I'm anxious but it's there when I'm not so it's really distressing. Can't even sleep.

I've done some yoga and will try and take it easy today. I took a nice bath and hopefully will be able to sleep better this evening.