PDA

View Full Version : It Gets Better?

Christheanxiousone
07-23-2015, 04:41 AM
I am fighting hard, sometimes literally for my life during this episode of high anxiety, waves of depression and so on. I've heard multiple times that these episodes of high anxiety and sensitive worry states are normal, but, you know how the anxious mind works.. and it's always nice to hear some reassuring success stories, so that is what I'm looking for in this post. Thank you.

Sagittarius
07-23-2015, 06:19 AM
I am fighting hard, sometimes literally for my life during this episode of high anxiety, waves of depression and so on. I've heard multiple times that these episodes of high anxiety and sensitive worry states are normal, but, you know how the anxious mind works.. and it's always nice to hear some reassuring success stories, so that is what I'm looking for in this post. Thank you.

I'm going through the same thing right now. Extremely bad intrusive thougts, I feel afraid of everything. Your mind will settle down, it takes some time. Medication can help. I feel better than I did 2 days ago.

MiST
07-23-2015, 06:42 AM
It does get better. Don't fight it, accept the feelings and float through them.

BrookeLynnnn
07-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Mist is right!! It does get better.

I know for me, I hit rock bottom before I see the light. It's there, just wait for it.

Have you tried meds before or open to it?

Christheanxiousone
07-23-2015, 04:45 PM
I was on several meds when I was younger but then I overcame my anxiety several times without it, so I don't take any meds, wouldn't matter if I wanted to, no insurance. However, I am seeing improvement in ways, it comes in waves now.. hoping this all ends soon!

Christheanxiousone
07-23-2015, 04:49 PM
Afraid of everything really sums it up.

Sagittarius
07-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Afraid of everything really sums it up.

Isn't it a weird and scary feeling? Like things don't look like they used to, everything looks creepy. It's probably severe GAD and an overly sensitized mind.

Christheanxiousone
07-23-2015, 05:42 PM
It is certainly an overly sensitized mind. You said it best.. everything becomes a fear almost, although I am doing better. (trying to at least) I know what that stage feels like.

Sagittarius
07-23-2015, 06:00 PM
It is certainly an overly sensitized mind. You said it best.. everything becomes a fear almost, although I am doing better. (trying to at least) I know what that stage feels like.

The old 19th century psychiatric texts refered to this as panphobia "fear of everything". Good name for it.