PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attacks and hunger

Jimmy jr makhaya
07-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Hey guys,its LeBoKe again,i know it might sound so silly but i do have a question on whether its the anxiety that makes me hungry or its the food i eat that doesnt make me full,i can feel hungry even when i just finish eating,and these days if i was a drunk i would say am a german tank,i eat a lot,like wherever i am at,i have to be having some to chew.and i am really scared of canned foods,once i think its not looking like the one i ate last tym,i wont eat cos i wld be scare they will make me sick,but i will be hungry anyway

mrslizzyg
07-20-2015, 12:15 PM
This is actually super normal.
It's called "stress" eating.
Food is truly like a drug for a lot of people- especially sugary foods or carbs. Your brain responses to them almost like a drug, making you feel happy for a short period of time while eating them..

Nervous Ninny
07-20-2015, 01:44 PM
I have a different problem, I am breaking up with my live in boyfriend and I have not been able to eat hardly anything. This always happens to me I am thin anyway and now I have lost 4 pounds. I have always been this way when I get happy is when I put on weight.

mrslizzyg
07-20-2015, 02:44 PM
I have a different problem, I am breaking up with my live in boyfriend and I have not been able to eat hardly anything. This always happens to me I am thin anyway and now I have lost 4 pounds. I have always been this way when I get happy is when I put on weight.

I am exactly like you. When im upset/anxious/stressed, I can't eat for anything..

When I get happy again is also when I start to eat.

everyone is different :)

MiST
07-20-2015, 02:49 PM
When i get stressed out theres only one thing on my mind..

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/tasty-burger.gif

robert07
07-21-2015, 02:07 PM
same here. Lost a lot of weight in the last two weeks stressing about what else?..... LOSING WEIGHT> ugh this battle never ends.

dilbuck
08-06-2015, 11:22 AM
I was that way before my anxiety started. When stressed I would eat and eat. Now, with my anxiety, I have no desire to eat and when I do force myself to eat, I eat much less. I just try to make sure that when I do eat that I focus on healthy/nutrient rich foods due to my intake being less.

superchick22684
08-06-2015, 02:58 PM
My anxiety and depression has completely messed up my appetite. Most days I don't have much of an appetite but I force myself to eat because I know I need the nutrients and energy to function. My psych just changed my meds though so I'm hoping that will help with my lack of appetite.

EricaK
08-16-2015, 11:03 PM
I get that. I lose my appetite when I'm in the midst of an "anxiety storm" as well.
Do you have trouble swallowing as well? That's what happens to me.

mantishugo
10-12-2015, 02:09 AM
When you are stressed, you are likely to eat more food. Try to relax yourself. Focus on your breath when you gets the anxiety attacks. I used to do 5 minute meditation. I drink lots of water too. It really helped me coping my anxiety.

Butterfly88
10-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Could be stress eating or possibly a medication side effect (if you are taking anything).

programer
01-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Anxiety is mostly caused by OCD, ADHD, AUTISM & PTSD. Believe it or not, I have all this in my life. They have caused too many bad things in my life. They have ruined my life.

brooklyn3383
06-28-2016, 03:15 PM
Wow, I too have lost my appetite within the past couple of weeks! I went from gorging myself with fastfoods and junkfoods.... then when my anxiety was triggered my appetite was shot! I LOVE FOOD, and this is so new to me! I have been eating healthier with the help of my boyfriend. I feel a lot better after I eat (which I have to force), but it's so hard to crave anything! I can feel my hunger, but nothing seems appetizing! It's so frustrating, I want to be back to my "normal" self again. Lately it has been waves. I think it all started with moving anxiety and snowballed from there.... I feel better than I did a week ago. I sank into depression bad, having negative, selfish thoughts. If it wasn't for my Sister, I'd be so lost. This forum has also helped me so much to see that I'm not alone, and I'm learning from other's experiences. I try to think, "it could be worse" and I do my breathing exercises and that seems to calm me down some. I've also been taking walks, cut out the caffeine and way more water. These feelings are so different to me! I've always had little bouts of anxiety, but this is totally more intense! Right before all this, I was stress eating lots of salty foods, fast foods and sweets! NOt a good idea...

Ponder
07-01-2016, 12:46 AM
This may be of interest:
Adrenal Stress (https://www.womentowomen.com/healthy-weight/weight-loss-and-adrenal-stress-2/)

Kirk
07-01-2016, 06:37 AM
Anxiety can work both ways; eat more or less, depending on the individual.

mindful
12-22-2016, 11:08 AM
anxiety and hunger is very related. Gastro problem can make anxiety and vice versa

wolvie15
02-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Hey guys,its LeBoKe again,i know it might sound so silly but i do have a question on whether its the anxiety that makes me hungry or its the food i eat that doesnt make me full,i can feel hungry even when i just finish eating,and these days if i was a drunk i would say am a german tank,i eat a lot,like wherever i am at,i have to be having some to chew.and i am really scared of canned foods,once i think its not looking like the one i ate last tym,i wont eat cos i wld be scare they will make me sick,but i will be hungry anyway

We all react differently. when i have '' normal '' levels of anxiety, i eat a lot. When anxiety peaks , i have to force myself to eat