PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Polar Depression? Once A Year For Two Months? Please Read.

Christheanxiousone
07-18-2015, 02:23 AM
So to start, I've always been an anxious person in general, I have agoraphobia and so on but usually, while some days are worse than others, I can manage just fine, but it seems like once a year or every other year during June & July, I start having it really rough. I have read up on Bi-Polar depression/anxiety and how it cycles like this. Is it possible I am having a touch of Bi-Polar depression cycle once a year during these months? Can anyone relate? It's like a go into self destruct mode and start worrying and having anxiety and just feeling really blah until it fades away in about two months time.

Goomba
07-18-2015, 03:59 AM
Take a look at seasonal affective disorder.

More likely to be something like that than Bi-polar.

Christheanxiousone
07-18-2015, 04:02 AM
Funny you say that, because I stumbled upon (SAD) disorder after my little Bi-Polar depression journey. While I show some sign of Bi-Polar depression, it's just not all there. Yes I have mood-swings, but never from extremely sad to overly joyful, sometimes I get really hopeful, but not the same thing. SAD disorder seems to add up a little more, which I know it is more common during the winter months, but from what I have saw, it is possible during the summer months as well. I have had a few episodes before and the last MAJOR one I can remember was during these months, doesn't seem like it "just so happened" because it comes on randomly, but always during these months, every other year. I think SAD is much more likely, considering all the signs are there. Increased depression, then anxiety (or both) more worry, so forth and so on.

Goomba
07-18-2015, 04:10 AM
And Bi-polar usually isn't cyclical in the way you are describing. It goes in cycles in terms of mania - depression - period of remission (not necessarily in that order).

As you said, SAD can definitely occur in summer months. There are a lot of theories behind it including everything from biology to emotional triggers.

Im-Suffering
07-18-2015, 07:46 AM
OP instead of classifying and labeling yourself into a corner, or trying to tie the ends into a neat little descriptive disease package, why don't you face whats really bothering you, the life problems that are causing all the brooding and despondency. The unresolved emotional mental issues that you refuse to face (the rigidity in beliefs or the fearful value judgments) - that are driving you to madness because you wont stop running long enough to look in the mirror?

To face the self is the ultimate purpose in life, because this and only this can serve to heal every false belief or idea you ever held about yourself. Resulting in feeling good. When the crap is gone, you feel good, you understand. The more one runs, the further one gets away from this purpose and the worse one feels until they finally run out of space to run.

STOP (the drama) ! and about face - you are conscious of the reasons. Look no further than your beliefs (your ideas or 'facts' about life) and value judgments about yourself, the world, and yourself in relation to the world. You will hopefully come to understand that your 'facts' are not facts at all but assumptions based on conditioning, and therefor you can change your ideas at any time. Away from fearful ones and toward productive enriching fulfilling beliefs that would create happiness.

Hey Goomba, nice to see you