PDA

View Full Version : Chronic 24/7 shortness of breath - How you overcame it?

george12
07-17-2015, 10:23 AM
I am 25 years old, and before 10 years it's started and my life ended. After some medical test my doctor told me that the cause of my SOB is psychogenic. Although i trust my doctor, i feel that my SOB is much more than my anxiety (i mean i have friends far more stress than me, that breath normally).

After deep googling (including scholar and books), i found a very few studies about psychogenic SOB and hyperventilation-syndrome treatments.

If you have experienced something similar, I would be grateful to hear your advice?

CarlosRaziel
07-18-2015, 10:33 AM
HI George 12, I have had some problems with shortness of breath in my journey with dep/anxiety....been to the Er 3 times due to this issue,,,of course by the the time I get there Im very anxious and they think is related to anxiety....had my heart tested and x rays and nothing shows up.......I think it has something to do with tension.....see when were in a state of stress and we have anxiety we tend to tighten are muscles even do we dont realize it,,,,,this pushes your muscles in your chest against your lungs and causes shortness of breath....see if u can get an inhaler for asthma from your Dr and get a magnesium supplement...remember your mind is stronger then any disease...ck out videos by less brown on ytube

george12
07-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Thank for your reply.
I have tried in the past a few medications that do nothing, and some psychological-therapies that really improved my mental. The problem is that i still have this terrible SOB and i think also that my body is very stressed.
It would be very helpful (for me and others with the same problem) to hear about people who had this, and somehow succeed to ease this.

FrederickMorone
07-20-2015, 03:44 AM
How long have you had shortness of breath, may I ask?

george12
07-20-2015, 01:27 PM
At least ten years.

raggamuffin
07-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Have you found you had other symptoms? usually when a symptom is fixated on and worried about daily it feels very intense. When new symptoms come along or your focus is distracted whether through work or some other task do you find it diminishes the SOB? That'll go a long way to proving it's a symptom of stress and not a physiological one.

Ed

george12
07-22-2015, 12:33 PM
There's a wide range in the intensity of my SOB during the day, but it's always there (for example when i wake up after a good sleep, in the first minutes it's almost insignificant).

When i have even the minor stress, the SOB increased immediately and dramatically (and after it started i can't stop it).