PDA

View Full Version : Panic setting in

BrookeLynnnn
07-16-2015, 03:23 PM
I don't wanna give birth!! :( I'm 38+5 so any day now.. Ugh how am I gonna through the anticipation of waiting for it to happen?

SakuraFett
07-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Do you have any other children or is this your first one? I can imagine this would be an extremely scary thing to go through. How has your anxiety been throughout the pregnancy?

BrookeLynnnn
07-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Do you have any other children or is this your first one? I can imagine this would be an extremely scary thing to go through. How has your anxiety been throughout the pregnancy?

My first so I'm terrified! My anxiety was really bad until about 30 weeks. it just started acting up today when I think about labor.

SakuraFett
07-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Is there anything in particular that you're afraid of? I can imagine there would be a lot of fears involved with pregnancy but what is it exactly about the labor that you're afraid of? Are you going to a hospital for it or are you doing a home birth or using a midwife?

BrookeLynnnn
07-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Is there anything in particular that you're afraid of? I can imagine there would be a lot of fears involved with pregnancy but what is it exactly about the labor that you're afraid of? Are you going to a hospital for it or are you doing a home birth or using a midwife?

I'll be giving birth in a hospital. But I'm afraid of having a panic attack during labor & then who knows what will happen.

SakuraFett
07-16-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm not speaking from experience but I feel like it would be almost impossible to have a panic attack during labor. Before and after yeah that seems possible but during I feel like there will be way too much going on with your body to even be able to panic. Have you decided if you will take the pain killer during labor?

BrookeLynnnn
07-16-2015, 04:17 PM
I'm not speaking from experience but I feel like it would be almost impossible to have a panic attack during labor. Before and after yeah that seems possible but during I feel like there will be way too much going on with your body to even be able to panic. Have you decided if you will take the pain killer during labor?

I've heard that from everyone who has given birth! They say you don't have time to panic. I'm just having a hard time believing it. & yes I'll be getting an epidural. I'm hoping they will give me something for my anxiety if I freak out.

SakuraFett
07-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Ok so I just looked it up online and it seems that there are several safe medications for anxiety available to take during labor. Are you on any forums for expectant or current mothers?

BrookeLynnnn
07-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Ok so I just looked it up online and it seems that there are several safe medications for anxiety available to take during labor. Are you on any forums for expectant or current mothers?

Okay good to know! I went to labor & delivery a couple nights ago.. While I was there I asked a nurse what they can do if I panic? She said they have tons of medication. Lol that made me feel a little better.

I'm on pregnancy boards. Many are still pregnant & due around the same time. They say they are worried also. & others say it's hard to panic during.