PDA

View Full Version : June & July "Episode" - Can Anyone Relate?

Christheanxiousone
07-16-2015, 12:57 AM
So it seems to never fail, every other year during the months of June and July (sometimes some of August) I get into an "episode" where my normal anxiety turns into extreme anxiety. Constant worry, being really sensitive, fear, feeling of doom, etc, etc. Is this something anyone else experiences? Seems to come on for no reason. MY "normal" anxiety just goes into overdrive, this has happened to me once before. Let me know if anyone can relate or has heard of this, thanks.

gadguy
07-16-2015, 11:40 AM
So it seems to never fail, every other year during the months of June and July (sometimes some of August) I get into an "episode" where my normal anxiety turns into extreme anxiety. Constant worry, being really sensitive, fear, feeling of doom, etc, etc. Is this something anyone else experiences? Seems to come on for no reason. MY "normal" anxiety just goes into overdrive, this has happened to me once before. Let me know if anyone can relate or has heard of this, thanks.

Its a winter thing for me...I get real down and hopeless...I blame it on lack of sunshine ( vitamin D). To get over it I take vitamin D pills and try to schedule a vacation to somewhere warm and sunny.

mrslizzyg
07-16-2015, 01:41 PM
I have never personally had this.. but I know people who suffer from depression that is seasonal. It's called SAD(seasonal affective disorder)
so I wouldn't think it's too crazy for the same thing to happen with anxiety as well.

Christheanxiousone
07-16-2015, 05:53 PM
It is very strange, I have heard of the winter (SAD) but never Summer (SAD) although with a little research I found one post from someone else about June & July, probably just something seasonal.

SakuraFett
07-16-2015, 08:34 PM
My anxiety definitely gets worse in the summer and my depression in worse in the winter. I think the anxiety gets worse during the summer because it's harder to stay in the house and not do anything when it's nice and warm out. Everybody is out and always wanting to be active during the summer and while I do enjoy hanging out with friends once I actually do it, the lead up to it can be agonizing and made a million times worse if I cave into my anxiety and decide to stay inside doing nothing. I also had my very first panic attack 3 days before graduating high school and that was the worst summer of my life as far as anxiety goes so maybe I'm also trained by now to have worse anxiety in the summer.

Christheanxiousone
07-17-2015, 12:24 AM
I think the training as you said, has a lot to do with it. My first bad bout was during these months, so it's possible it could be linked forever in my mind.

Sam.A.k.
07-17-2015, 04:49 AM
SAD happens in both seasons, especially in areas with large changes of light. Long nights in the winter/ Long days in the summer. I found this out just a couple weeks ago, because my doctor thinks that might be part of my problem as well. She said that too much light has an affect on how you sleep, which can also cause anxiety.

Or, I think that's how she phrased it. I was crying, and in the middle of panicking when I was in her office so most of it is a bit of a blur.

Christheanxiousone
07-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Not exactly sure what causes it or why, although every episode is different, this one seems to focus around worry, although it was mostly panic at first. So yeah... not sure why, but I hate it all the same!