PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Paranoia ruining everything

Panduhh
07-16-2015, 12:12 AM
A little background about me: I am 21 male and have have panic attacks ever since I was young, maybe 5 or 6. I started taking Prozac about 4 months ago and had to stop because it was causing me the worst panic attacks I have ever had. That's when my GP and she put me on Effexor. I completely lost my sex drive and my slight paranoia(once in a while I would worry about someone poisoning my food) increased immensely. I was on that for about 2 months and I HAD to come off of it because I couldn't even get an erection. Being engaged, that's a bad thing. So I got off Effexor and got back onto Citalopram, which was the only medicine that has worked for my depression without any side effects.

Now then, my anxiety and paranoia are literally ruining my life. I can't even drink bottled water that my fiance brings me because my paranoia makes me think HE messed with it. I am CONSTANTLY in panic and always thinking someone is out to hurt me. I breakdown in tears so often because I don't know how much more I can handle of this. My fiance barely learned how to help and cope with my anxiety, and now we are both stumped with what to do with the paranoia. Please...Any help at all.. I don't know if I can do this anymore.

dancingsunflowers80
07-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Have you thought about counseling? Hang in there,

mommato2lilmonkeys