PDA

View Full Version : Dam depressing!!!

JohnC
07-15-2015, 09:04 PM
So i go back home to take my dad out for his birthday which was nice and since i was back home i though i would stop in and see some of my old friends. I found my good friend home on vacation so we sat down and talked and i asked him about our old "Group of fiends " There was eight or ten of us i supposed that partied all the time together and went on vaction's etc........................ 3 of them are dead One is dyingone is in prison for heroin and the friend i was talking with said his wife just quit coming out of the house and does not even bother to change out of her pajamas for the last two years.!!!
Not sure what i am looking for out of you guy's but DAM i just can't understand life sometimes..... Only one of these friends was over their 50's
I don't know i guess it is what it is but it was a long anxious drive home for me and of course it gets me thinking of my young kids and my life. I guess i should be thankful. i was the youngest one in our group.

Ponder
07-16-2015, 02:44 AM
___________________-
Yep. next thing you know ... someone will start telling you ... "Your a tough old soul" http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Thinking of you John and I know exactly what you mean! Not sure that helps, but I hope the above made you smile?

JohnC
07-16-2015, 04:53 AM
Yep and an old fart too. i am like the Kansas song.......................................DUST IN THE WIND

Ponder
07-16-2015, 05:02 AM
lol - I like that. In many respects I think its a good way to be. At least when hearing all about the drama like so. Hope your feeling a little more joy now.

Dahila
07-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Life is tough John, and we are trying to make the best of that. People, friends die, they have anxiety and stress related diseases too. Some of them do not realize. I take it very hard, when someone I know, dies. My class in Art school contained two groups each of 22 people, at least 12 people are already dead, and many of them deadly sick. It makes one even more depressed. When I know how to deal with it (I doubt it) I will tell you:)
Now, you should focus what good in your life, and count your blessing. You get a lot of friends John, people who will support you. Hopefully you had already shake the sadness.

JohnC
07-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Thanks D, It just caught me off guard and since i have been really down lately it made it even worse. I have no choice but to plug on, i have three little ones and wife counting on me. One day at a time for me here lately.

Dahila
07-16-2015, 06:35 PM
yes take your time to savior every moment of life. Children grow so fast, before you know it, you are going to miss the time now. I do. It is difficult to make your peace with death, but if you think about it like a phase of life , you will feel much better. You were born and then you will die, one not so soon day, that's the low of universe. Nothing lasts for ever. I think getting in years it helps you. I hope it does. I have no problem to plan my funeral, my children already know what I want. They wanted to know so I told them, but I could not care less.
I do not know if you remember, a year ago I lost my very closed and loved friend to cancer. I feel apart for a good few months. Not a day passes without thinking about her. I have so many funny memories, beautiful memories. The pain is not so terrible anymore, I was sure I am next in line. It is probably what is going on with you. :))