PDA

View Full Version : Spacey or Derealization? Any success stories with Derealization?

jshen
07-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Hi all,

I'm back on Effexor xr now after being off everything completely for over two weeks. That really messed me up. I can't tell if I'm having derealization or just spacey from my really bad GAD and maybe the Effexor. Effexor has worked for me in the past at 225mg, I, currently at 150mg and slowly going up.

I'm FREAKING OUT feeling like this and am very worried. I wake up in the morning and start worrying and saying "is this real" and my worrying takes off from there and my day goes to crap from there.

Any suggestions? Has anyone had derealization that has gone away and now live a happy life?

Thanks,

Jonah

Macke
07-13-2015, 08:58 PM
Hi all,

I'm back on Effexor xr now after being off everything completely for over two weeks. That really messed me up. I can't tell if I'm having derealization or just spacey from my really bad GAD and maybe the Effexor. Effexor has worked for me in the past at 225mg, I, currently at 150mg and slowly going up.

I'm FREAKING OUT feeling like this and am very worried. I wake up in the morning and start worrying and saying "is this real" and my worrying takes off from there and my day goes to crap from there.

Any suggestions? Has anyone had derealization that has gone away and now live a happy life?

Thanks,

Jonah

In my experience with a previous episode of anxiety, derealization was the last thing that went away, I felt spacey for three months after my anxiety stopped, but it obviously wasn't worrying me then.

Anne376
07-14-2015, 07:24 AM
Hi all,

Thanks,

Jonah

I feel derealization after I have high anxiety for a very long time, or after a panic attack for a while. It will go away with your anxiety like said above, my therapist has said its a stress response. Remove the stress, and it'll hopefully remove the response :) although it could also be the medication. When I first started Zoloft I felt very dreamlike and out of touch. After about a week it went away and leveled out. I'd just practice mindfulness in the meantime and try and do exercises that bring you into the present moment(as lame as it sounds). I hope this helps!