PDA

View Full Version : So... hi

Jaime Lyon
07-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Long-time severe GAD sufferer here. Recently started up with a new therapist for the first time in a long time, in the "considering the possibility" phase of going on medication in the long term. Never really had much of a support community before, so I went looking for a place I could talk to folks in similar situations. Not comfortable in groups of people physically, so online? Best option. So... yeah. I think that's it. Hope everyone is having a great day.

LDE
07-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Hello and welcome from a fellow GAD sufferer. I'm new here as well. I hope you find the support you're looking for. =) I hope you Have a great day as well.

Im-Suffering
07-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Long-time severe GAD sufferer here. Recently started up with a new therapist for the first time in a long time, in the "considering the possibility" phase of going on medication in the long term. Never really had much of a support community before, so I went looking for a place I could talk to folks in similar situations. Not comfortable in groups of people physically, so online? Best option. So... yeah. I think that's it. Hope everyone is having a great day.

You 2 Jaime.

Discuss with your therapist your beliefs about medication (not therapy, but medication itself). Think about that for a while before you go at the conversation, you may be surprised at how you feel. If you find negative beliefs within yourself, discuss that and let the therapist shed light and possibly open and otherwise closed off street. When you leave with your script, I am suggesting you feel good about it.

Other than that, welcome !

Jaime Lyon
07-13-2015, 10:52 AM
Thank you, both of you. And thank you for the tip on considering the meds. It's just a very hard step to take... and I'm trying to take it slow. C: