PDA

View Full Version : bad experience with people

isaacA
07-12-2015, 10:41 PM
I can be pretty stable with my anxiety have a good handle on it in my comfort zone in my house alone in quiet. But when I go out with people I always find something to worry about seems like something always goes wrong. I try to keep myself stable because I believe my reaction is worse than the actual fact, but now I just feel like I want to leave people behind and find peace

isaacA
07-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Like I give up

sae
07-12-2015, 11:26 PM
I tried that. I Became a total shut in. The world became strenuous and exhausting, I had had enough. The trouble with that is that it really didn't solve anything. My anxiety just shifted to different things. Before I knew it I was tacking the edges of the curtains to the wall and hiding in my bath tub whenever anyone knocked on the door. I never found peace that way.
I have made a slow re emergence into the real world. It was coming back that I began to find some sense of peace. I am still terrified of people, but I have sense gained confidence in myself to handle being around them.
In the end people aren't as scary as you think. Most strangers barely even know you're there. They have their own lives, anxieties, stressors and trials to attend to.

Im-Suffering
07-13-2015, 07:40 AM
It is like the old fables, you are learning to spin yarn into gold. At some point you retreat into yourselves to chisel and hammer, emerging once more as a different enlightened human.

As a different new 'you', you will attract new people, friends, etc. And quite poignant is the loss of some old ones. But, alas, you must let go to be all that you were meant to be.

None of you are antisocial, or have a 'problem', what you are experiencing is called .. change.